DCF and AOS question

Old Nov 23rd 2001, 4:01 am
Benjamin Miller

When filing for a DCF in the foreign country after a marriage there.....Is the I864
AOS needed at the initial filing? Or is it just needed when the fiancee returns for
the interview? Thanks Ben

Old Nov 23rd 2001, 1:54 pm
Michael Voight

Benjamin Miller wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

What initial interview filing??? All I did was hand the forms to the INS guy in
Moscow. There was no "initial interview".

The only interview was done the day the visa was granted.

The I-864 is usually presented at that interview.

Old Nov 23rd 2001, 2:26 pm
Jb

Michael Voight wrote:
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > When filing for a DCF in the foreign country after a marriage there.....Is the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I864 AOS needed at the initial filing? Or is it just needed when the fiancee[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > returns for the interview? Thanks Ben[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

The process is similar in the UK. There is no 'inital filing' since everything is
done through the post. The medical and interview are all on the same day and the
I-864 is required then. Mine was signed by a consular officer (I had wondered whether
I needed to get it notarised first but I did not).

I have read about consulates that offer 'walk in' I-130 filing which may be what the
original poster is talking about. I have no experience with that. My guess is that
the I-864 will be required at the 'final' interview. Bring whatever proof you have
that you will return to reside in the US. In my case I was asked for a letter from my
employer which I did not have. The instructions I received with the I-864 implied
that recent pay stubs were sufficient. In the end the pay stubs were accepted (I am
employed by a US company in the UK where we did DCF so this helped in our case).