Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Amsterdam Recieved the Visa...Going home....

DCF Amsterdam Recieved the Visa...Going home....

Old Mar 20th 2001, 9:56 pm
klaas

Today I had my interview at the Amsterdam consulate for the DCF I-130 visa and now
I'm a very happy man and can go home to be with my wife as a married man suppose to.

Timeline;

January 25, 2001 the I-130 at the Consulate in Amsterdam approved.
!!!!!!!!
also handed over the checklist and the OF-230 part 1.
February 23, 2001 Received packet 4 (appointments and
forms) March 12, 2001 Appointment for the medical
examination March 20, 2001 Interview appointment for the
visa application March 30, 2001 Going
home.................

Total day's 54.

Today I was at the consulate at 09.15am and could go in right away (appointment was
at 09.30am) after a few minutes a woman called me at the window and handed me the
x-ray in a envelope and a piece of paper to pay the fee. She asked me to wait and to
be called again when the consul would do a interview. About 15 minutes later I was
called at another window and the consul asked me a few questions. like how did you
meet and how many times I was in the US. If I ever had a visa before and if I had
trouble to get in the first time. So I answered all questions and that was all. so
not a hard time.... Then I had to be sworn in I was telling the true.... She told me
they approved the visa and I could collect it at 3 pm.... Oh had to pay that too of
course..($65,--)... At Pam I was back and 5 more people where there to receive the
visa a woman explained to us all to bring the "mysterious sealed brown envelope" in
your carry-on give it at the POE to the INS and that's all..... I would receive the
EAD in the mail on the address stated on the Visa....

And now..... I'm not sure but the question is.... I do not have to do a thing from
here except maybe advanced parole and get a SSN...?????

Ok what the heck will find out later or some of you will have the answer..... Now I
can't think about it and only know I'm very happy .

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Klaas (NL) & Eileen (US) Our
website http://www.usadutch.com/

Old Mar 20th 2001, 10:45 pm
klaas

Oh to bad I forgot my manners (sorry) but I realy have to thank all members of the
newsgroup (ans specialy Alvena who put us on track of the DCF) Some of you gave us
answers without knowing.... but thats what a newsgroup is all about.

And for all our dutch-usa couples..... please send your story on webpage and we can
refer to that... without input from us there will be a lot of questions unsolved.

we will keep our website as current as possible.......

Klaas (NL) & Eileen (US)

Our website http://www.usadutch.com/

--
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Klaas (NL) & Eileen (US) Our
website http://www.usadutch.com

>
    >
married
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
a
    >
    >
I
    >
    >
hard
    >
    >
too
    >
    >
sealed
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 21st 2001, 12:40 am
Rete

Wonderful news. However you won't receive the EAD in the mail. You don't need one.
You will get your green card in the mail. At the POE when you give them the brown
envelope they will process you and give you an I-551 stamp in your passport. That is
the paper equivalent of the green card. Take that to the nearest social security
office and apply for your social security card. Ask them for the 1-800 number so you
can call and get the number over the phone in a few days and then you can go and
find a job.

Rita

>
    >
married
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
a
    >
    >
I
    >
    >
hard
    >
    >
too
    >
    >
sealed
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 21st 2001, 9:31 am
Judith

Klaas and Eileen congratulations!!!!!!

Klaas, as far as I know you get a stamp when you enter the us with which you can
obtain a ssn, but I'm not sure.

I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Judith

nieuws [email protected]...
    >
    >
married
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
a
    >
    >
I
    >
    >
hard
    >
    >
too
    >
    >
sealed
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 21st 2001, 11:36 am
Alvena Ferreira

>
    >
    >
Klaas, you are going to get a GREEN CARD STAMP at the port of entry when you come
into the US, which will allow you to work AND travel outside the US, as it for all
practical purposes gives you every privilege of a real green card. Your real green
card will arrive in the mail in a few months. All you will need is the SSN to work. I
advise you to try to ensure that the officer at the port of entry puts your A-number
in your passport, which helps to not have any problems when you apply for the SSN.

Congratulations, and welcome to America!

alvena

Old Mar 22nd 2001, 3:03 am
Kristin

YAY!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Ack sorry for the caps.. hahaha I"m really not
screaming.. but I guess I am excited so it does mean something afterall.
    >

My husband will be coming the POE in Chicago this Friday and will be doing the same
thing as you. Thanks for the replies, now I know what to tell Jeroen about when we
talk one last time tomorrow before he flies off, to make sure he has the proper A# in
the passport, etc. *sigh* Such an exciting time for all of us isn't it?

Take care Klaas and Eileen..

Liefs, Kristin

>
    >
married
    >

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 8:50 am
Wim Rumping

I've been out of the newsgroup for a few days....

Congrats Klaas & Eileen!

And Kristin, let me know how Jeroen's entry into Chicago goes... Any delays or
problems with the INS or extra-thorough customs checks due to foot and mouth disease.
I will be entering through Chicago on Wednesday myself and it would be nice to know
what to expect there. Using the visa waiver, Chicago has always been my favorite port
of entry out of the 4 I've been through.

Today I had my last day at Snap-on in Amsterdam. I'll miss my colleagues a lot and it
was a very emotional day. But next week I'll finally be with my wife again. After
all, I miss her a lot more at the moment.

-Wim

>
    >
afterall.
    >
    >
    >
    >
tell
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Today I had my interview at the Amsterdam consulate for the DCF I-130[/usenetquote2]
visa
[usenetquote2]> > and now I'm a very happy man and can go home to be with my wife as a[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > man suppose to.[/usenetquote2]