DC Office AOS

Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the rough
Default DC Office AOS

Hi,

I mailed to the DC office my AOS & EAD package on Oct. 22, 2003 and the checks were cashed on Oct. 23, 2003.

I received my EAD approval letter on April 30, 2004; and my EAD was issued on March 3, 2004.

However, I haven't received a NOA or any other notice for
my I-130/I-485.

Is that normal? I mean, does anybody know if they usually send NOA's for I-130/I-485's???

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:31 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC Office AOS

Originally posted by Mr. Z19
Hi,

I mailed to the DC office my AOS & EAD package on Oct. 22, 2003 and the checks were cashed on Oct. 23, 2003.

I received my EAD approval letter on April 30, 2004; and my EAD was issued on March 3, 2004.

my I-130/I-485.

Is that normal? I mean, does anybody know if they usually send NOA's for I-130/I-485's???

We filed my husband's AOS forms in July 2003 (in DC too). He got his EAD 3 months later, but since then we haven't heard anything. Based on the processing dates, I'm guessing we'll hear something in a month or two? Then it will be freaking-out time LOL

Juliet
Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Juliet,

Did you file in person or you mailed it? I'm a bit concerned because I mailed it and never received a NOA or any other receipt (other than the Post Office return receipt).

The processing dates are moving slowly... I hope you hear from them soon.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:56 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Juliet,

Did you file in person or you mailed it? I'm a bit concerned because I mailed it and never received a NOA or any other receipt (other than the Post Office return receipt).

The processing dates are moving slowly... I hope you hear from them soon.
We tried to file in person, but the stupid officer there didn't know what she was doing, she demanded documents that were not even needed for K-1 marriages. So we got our lawyer to file it for us (in person).

I guess the EAD issuance and the cashed checks are proofs that they received your applications...other than that, I don't think you'll receive an NOA?

Juliet
Old Jun 29th 2004, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

The lawyer we consulted recommended to mail it rather than going trough the aggravation of filing in person.

I guess the fact that my EAD was issued is proof that they received my application. However, I'd like to have some receipt or reference number so that I can track my AOS application.

If you read some of my previous posts, you'll see that something really weird happened with my EAD. I got it in almost 5 months, so we contacted the congressional rep. for DC to inquire about it, and the same day they called us with the horrible news that USCIS had no record of our application, we received in the mail the approval letter for my EAD.

So I'm a bit concerned with what the congressional rep. office told us that USCIS had no record of our application. Maybe they have record of my EAD, but not of my AOS... I hope not.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 3:37 pm
jingling

The lawyer we consulted recommended to mail it rather than going trough the aggravation of filing in person.

I guess the fact that my EAD was issued is proof that they received my application. However, I'd like to have some receipt or reference number so that I can track my AOS application.

If you read some of my previous posts, you'll see that something really weird happened with my EAD. I got it in almost 5 months, so we contacted the congressional rep. for DC to inquire about it, and the same day they called us with the horrible news that USCIS had no record of our application, we received in the mail the approval letter for my EAD.

So I'm a bit concerned with what the congressional rep. office told us that USCIS had no record of our application. Maybe they have record of my EAD, but not of my AOS... I hope not.
Yikes!! Conflicting information like that would make me concerned too. I really don't know how to check up on that if you don't have the receipt number...sorry. All I found was some info on when to contact them at:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...ectedOffice=80

You might have seen that already though. BTW, filing in person is truly a pain in the arse! (for us, at least)

Juliet
Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Robert_J is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Z19, we filed I-485/I-130 through Arlington in March of 2002, and the only thing we have to show for it was a 2-line letter saying they've received our AOS application -- no receipt number (so can't check status online), no NOA date, or anything else.

We had our AOS interview in Jan of 2003 and have no record of that either. When, at a later date, we asked if they could provide us with some such record, they told us the notice to appear (which had no names, alien number, or anything that uniquely identifies whose interview it was, just a computer generated time, date, room number, and their office address) is the only proof that we have that the interview actually took place. Kinda scary....

So, hold on to/make copies of everything, even if it looks like it can't possibly be important!

Hi,

my I-130/I-485.

Old Jun 29th 2004, 11:40 pm
Sharon

If you can get your hands on that cashed check from your bank for your
AOS, the receipt number might be written on the back of it. BCIS does
that a lot and many people have used that receipt number to even check
on their status online. :-)
Sharon.

> Any input would be
    > greatly appreciated!

Old Jun 30th 2004, 4:21 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jcapulet
He got his EAD 3 months later, but since then we haven't heard anything. Juliet
You did hear ... the dog eat it ...