Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Dallas INS: Do they want/require the "vaccination supplement"?

Dallas INS: Do they want/require the "vaccination supplement"?

Old Sep 16th 2002, 4:53 pm
Jim Battista

Default Dallas INS: Do they want/require the "vaccination supplement"?

We're trying to hash out AOS now...

Following the medical my bride got in Toronto, they did *not* give her
any sort of INS-looking vaccination form. Presumably this information
is in the Sealed Brown Envelope?

Anyway, for people who've AOS'ed at Dallas (or know thems what have),
do we need to go and pay someone $200 to transcribe the form? Or does
Dallas know better?

--
Jim Battista
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Old Sep 16th 2002, 7:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dallas INS: Do they want/require the "vaccination supplement"?

What form has to be transcribed? Your bride was a K-1 recipient and as such she received a medical in Canada before being approved for the K-1. She does NOT require another nor does she require the vaccination supplement. Unless ... her vaccinations were incomplete and the INS doctor gave her a form that needs further completion and told her this and/or the interview is more than 12 months after applying for AOS.

Rete

Originally posted by Jim Battista:

Dallas know better?

--
Jim Battista
Old Sep 17th 2002, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dallas INS: Do they want/require the "vaccination supplement"?

Originally posted by Jim Battista:

Dallas know better?

--
Jim Battista
Jim,
I have just been through this. I came to the U.S. on a K-1 visa (from England), had the medical, vaccinations, etc, and moved happily to Dallas. All I recieved in my hands from the physician in London was a vaccination certificate. Anyway that was back in April this year. I moved here, got married, and filed AOS. My interview came up on Aug 28, 2002. Everything was great...I had a friendly officer, the interview was a breeze, BUT...they didn't have my medical results from England. Apparently they had not recieved my brown envelope from wherever it is that it goes after you hand it in to the officer at the airport. So, not only did they not have my medical, but there were several other things (such as our divorce decrees), that we were lucky to have brought because we didn't think they'd be needing them - because they would have had had them had they had the brown envelope.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I was approved pending receipt of the medical. I was given the choice of waiting for them to recieve the London one, or re-taking the medical here. I chose to retake it here...at least that way things were in my hands.
So technically, Rete is right, you don't have to have another medical if you've had one at the embassy, BUT...this doesn't guarantee the officer will be in possesion of your medical results. Personally, if your AOS interview comes up quickly like mine did, I'd go ahead and retake it just to be sure. Are you guys in the DFW area? If so, I went to the Neigborhood Medical Center, 3959 Belt Line. It only cost $50, and they transcribed my vacinnations for me, but I had to retake the HIV test, etc.. And you're right many of the others are in the $100-200+ range.

Good luck with it all!

-Harry