Credit Card charge after I-130 approval

Wikiposts

Credit Card charge after I-130 approval

Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Maiba will become famous soon enoughMaiba will become famous soon enough
Default Credit Card charge after I-130 approval

Hello

does anyone here know when your Credit Card is actually charged after approval of I-130 in London?
We got Approval in June, and my statement still doesn't show any charges.
I am getting slightly worried now, as I definitely don't want this to be abandoned due to non-payment
If anyone of you can tell me of their experience, please do so.

Thanks a lot and

Kind regards

Diana
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Credit Card charge after I-130 approval

Originally Posted by Maiba

does anyone here know when your Credit Card is actually charged after approval of I-130 in London?
We got Approval in June, and my statement still doesn't show any charges.
The fee should have been charged when you submitted the I-130 not when it was approved, as the fee is for filling not approval.

Others on the forum have mentioned their CCs were charged, on or around the date their Notice of Action 1 (NOA1) was sent (see BritishGuy's timeline).

You should look back and confirm you were charged when you submitted the I-130.

Originally Posted by Maiba
I am getting slightly worried now, as I definitely don't want this to be abandoned due to non-payment
The Embassy would certainly let you know if they were missing payment . . . especially before taking this sort of drastic action.

If nothing else email ([email protected]) and confirm the payment has been accepted (ignore the bounce back email stating your email has been automatically deleted).
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=californian;6631966]The fee should have been charged when you submitted the I-130 not when it was approved, as the fee is for filling not approval.

Hi Californian

thanks for your reply. I only received a scan of the receipt from our lawyer, and that was in June so my assumption was that it was only processed then.

I wil have a look at British Guy's timeline, but I know for sure that my CC wasn't charged yet. I guess I will just contact the Embassy to see what's going on.

Thanks

Diana
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Timeline here
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Thanks BritishGuy, saves me having to look for it