Crazy Processing Times

Old Apr 7th 2018, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crazy Processing Times

So upon checking the site now it seems Nebraska are currently processing spousal Visa I-130's from May 10th 2017.

Estimated time range 9 to 11.5 months? These times are just plain crazy.

Does this mean that between Feb and April it could be complete and visa issued or does it mean until they look at the case and then could even say something is not right and delay it even more or is this time frame including medical and interview too.

My application went in on December 1st. I have twins due to be born around June / July and I have my wedding in October so was hoping at the very least I would be able to stay after this and work. We are married but nobody knows so this is our actual wedding to everyone else.

Proving a right pain all the delays and cost of flying backwards and forwards.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 3:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crazy Processing Times

The processing times for the NVC or for a service center are just timelines for that particular portion of the visa abroad process. It is not for the entire process from start to finish at the US Consulate.

Their working on May 2017 might mean that there is one or two cases that they are processing from that period and they might actually be working on November or December 2017.

Honestly, I don't think you will be getting your visa in time for the birth of the twins. You might have it in time for your ceremonial wedding.

Are you still waiting for the approval of the I-130?

PS Just double checked you posted today in another thread that you have had your case sent to the NVC so your I-130 has been approved.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 7th 2018 at 3:51 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 3:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Stu, are you confusing the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) with the National Visa Center (NVC)?

I believe you sent your I-130 to Nebraska. Once that is approved it is forwarded to the NVC. Once the NVC gets finished with the submission of the agent form, the affidavit of support and it is approved they make your Consulate appointment and pass the paperwork to the London US Consulate.

Where are you exactly?
Old Apr 7th 2018, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
The processing times for the NVC or for a service center are just timelines for that particular portion of the visa abroad process. It is not for the entire process from start to finish at the US Consulate.

Their working on May 2017 might mean that there is one or two cases that they are processing from that period and they might actually be working on November or December 2017.

Honestly, I don't think you will be getting your visa in time for the birth of the twins. You might have it in time for your ceremonial wedding.

Are you still waiting for the approval of the I-130?

PS Just double checked you posted today in another thread that you have had your case sent to the NVC so your I-130 has been approved.
Hi Rete,

My case was received on December 01st and on 4th December I received my I-797C Notice of Correction on 4th. Not exactly sure what this means as I didn't have to reply to it or do anything other than checked to make sure our details were correct and they were.

Is this approval they accepted the case after looking through all submitted questionnaire and additional paper work / photo's needed? or just receipt of the package but they wont have checked it etc?

Since then I have heard nothing and we setup a login with my wife's details and we input our lin number and her login info to see status of the case but it's just blank. We called up and they just said call back in 6 to 9 months
Old Apr 7th 2018, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Stu, are you confusing the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) with the National Visa Center (NVC)?

I believe you sent your I-130 to Nebraska. Once that is approved it is forwarded to the NVC. Once the NVC gets finished with the submission of the agent form, the affidavit of support and it is approved they make your Consulate appointment and pass the paperwork to the London US Consulate.

Where are you exactly?
I am in the UK now after working in the US for 2 years on a work visa. The work in the US ended in December last year my Wife is a US citizen.

The I-797 just said it was received and showed the money order fee was taken and balance was $0.

It just said the I-130 has been received by their office.

I thought it is Nebraska that process it as why else would they publish times on the site. You choose Nebraska and it says they are processing May so are you now saying that it will be at the NVC now? Had no confirmation of this? Is this another place now that will process it and not Nebraska?

We have had no other letter or email since 4th December and nothing asking for the support info / financial stuff or telling us the case has been approved and is in progress etc

Last edited by stu_blue; Apr 7th 2018 at 4:12 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 4:19 pm
Concierge

The I-130 gets sent to the service center which oversees where your wife lives. If that is the Nebraska SC then that is where and why she sent it there. The I-797C is just the received/acceptance receipt. It is not the approval notice.

As for saying the NVC, it is what YOU SAID in the other thread in response to Keoman. That is where my confusion lies.

So your wife's petition for you is still in the hands of the Nebraska Center Service and not at the National Visa Center. So you are still on step 1, awaiting approval of the I-130 which will be forwarded to the NVC for step 2.

Damn shame that you went back to the UK after your visa ran out rather than stay in the US, marry and adjust status which was perfectly legally for you to do. You would have had your employment authorization document and been able to work to support your family. But that is hindsight and was discussed with you last year and I recall that you needed to work immediately to support your wife and then you found out she was pregnant and then later carrying twins.

I'm crossing my fingers for you that you get to and through the step 3 in time for your ceremonial wedding date. And yup, you will be making the airlines richer.

You know, there is something that you wife can try, and it is not unorthodox, and that is to contact her congressional representation, in this case I would recommend a State Senator, and ask their immigration liaison for help in expediting your I-130. Given the impending birth, there is a real need to get things moving more quickly so that you can be here in the US as quickly as possible. Is she willing to do this? I know some USC's are reluctant to involve their government representatives but there is a need here.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

The I-130 gets sent to the service center which oversees where your wife lives. If that is the Nebraska SC then that is where and why she sent it there. The I-797C is just the received/acceptance receipt. It is not the approval notice.

As for saying the NVC, it is what YOU SAID in the other thread in response to Keoman. That is where my confusion lies.

So your wife's petition for you is still in the hands of the Nebraska Center Service and not at the National Visa Center. So you are still on step 1, awaiting approval of the I-130 which will be forwarded to the NVC for step 2.

Damn shame that you went back to the UK after your visa ran out rather than stay in the US, marry and adjust status which was perfectly legally for you to do. You would have had your employment authorization document and been able to work to support your family. But that is hindsight and was discussed with you last year and I recall that you needed to work immediately to support your wife and then you found out she was pregnant and then later carrying twins.

I'm crossing my fingers for you that you get to and through the step 3 in time for your ceremonial wedding date. And yup, you will be making the airlines richer.

You know, there is something that you wife can try, and it is not unorthodox, and that is to contact her congressional representation, in this case I would recommend a State Senator, and ask their immigration liaison for help in expediting your I-130. Given the impending birth, there is a real need to get things moving more quickly so that you can be here in the US as quickly as possible. Is she willing to do this? I know some USC's are reluctant to involve their government representatives but there is a need here.
Hi Rene,

I received the email below on 4th December. (See at the bottom)

I then received my I-797 letter on 9th December.

So does this mean they have accepted the I-130 and it's been sent on to NVC or could it still be refused etc. I would of thought 4 months in that it would be at stage 2 now at the NVC?

My work visa was an E2 with the company I work for and the work ended on 15th December and I now work in the UK. My visa is valid for 4 more years but unless I get employed by the company again and sent to the US I can't use it.

I did not want to go through all the messing about with the changing of my visa as I literally only had 3 months after the wedding before I had to leave the US due to my work ending over there.

I still work for the same company as a contractor now but the visa can't be used unless I was employed directly again. I have just had my 2nd year US tax return done now.

I can ask my wife about that and see what she says. We are not far from Chicago so that is the loc box we sent the form to and it was sent to Nebraska by them not us.

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS Nebraska Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number LIN***********. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
Old Apr 7th 2018, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

EdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond repute

If it's the other thread I'm thinking about then that was StuBear not Stu_Blue that said they were at NVC.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 4:52 pm
Concierge

It would appear that you are still at step 1 ... awaiting approval of the I-130 at the Nebraska Service Center. Next you will receive notification that your I-130 has been approved and forwarded to NVC. Your timeline for the I-130 approval is still what Nebraska dictates.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 4:55 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by EdgeAA
If it's the other thread I'm thinking about then that was StuBear not Stu_Blue that said they were at NVC.
You are 100% correct. I have my Stu's mixed up. Stu_Blue is still at Nebraska while StuBear is at NVC.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

It would appear that you are still at step 1 ... awaiting approval of the I-130 at the Nebraska Service Center. Next you will receive notification that your I-130 has been approved and forwarded to NVC. Your timeline for the I-130 approval is still what Nebraska dictates.
That's not good then so it's not even guaranteed to be accepted even.

It sure is stressfull all of this. At least knowing it has been accepted would be nice. Who knows if they find an error in it or a typo they could even refuse it.

That wasn't me Rene that was another member who said they were at NVC. My timeline says i was up to receving the i-797 form only. May of been StuBear as the poster above said.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 4:57 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen Nebraska NOA2 approvals from September 2017 and a few from October 2017, so you are potentially looking at another 3 months before it gets approved.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 5:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu_blue
So does this mean they have accepted the I-130 and it's been sent on to NVC or could it still be refused etc. I would of thought 4 months in that it would be at stage 2 now at the NVC?
Hi Stu,

The notice you received only indicates that USCIS received the I-130 petition. That is all. It is now in line waiting for approval. In the past, that could have happened within 4 months, but for whatever reason, USCIS processing has slowed WAAAAY down, so be prepared for the longest wait possible. You could also receive an RFE if anything is missing from the I-130 packet. Highly unlikely it will be outright denied, so don't worry about that.

You'll just have to use the VWP to come and visit for the birth of your twins.

Don't make any solid wedding ceremony plans until you have your visa IN HAND, because there's no way of knowing how long the whole process will take.

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2018, 5:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu_blue
At least knowing it has been accepted would be nice.
It HAS been accepted, and you have a notice to prove it. Now what you are waiting for is APPROVAL.

Who knows if they find an error in it or a typo they could even refuse it.
It won't be refused over something like that.

That wasn't me Rene...
That's Rete you are responding to. I'm Rene.

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2018, 6:10 pm
Concierge

Our names are too alike, Rene. Just as stu_blue and StuBear got me confused.

Stu-Blue your terminology is what is confusing you, I think. Accepted and approved are to very different things. As Rene and I pointed out, your wife's petition for you has been accepted. It cannot be denied for a typo or an error but if something is missing it can generate a RFE (referral for evidence).

I realize you are anxious and frustrated and confused, but please sit back, relax a little and let the processing continue at whatever pace it is currently at. The time apart is nothing when you think about the next 20, 30, 40 years you will be together.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 7th 2018 at 6:14 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.