Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR1-Visa Interview Experience

CR1-Visa Interview Experience

Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

emily will become famous soon enough
Smile CR1-Visa Interview Experience

Collected my medical examination information from Health Clinic, made to Embassy to join line in the rain!!! Once entered here is what happend....

1) First man takes all your papers, originals and copies, you know bit like, Birth Cert, Police check stuff....
*He gives you a piece of paper explaining about 2nd part and the courier service.

2) You could be waiting a couple of minutes or a couple of hours, but me I waited about 15 minutes before the consular office called me up. He took my fingerprints, asked me about my previous B2 visa I had to go and visit my husband. He said no problem, raised my right hand, swore I told the truth on all paperwork, signed the bottom of the already completed DS230-Part Two and that was it. Welcome to the United States of America he said and boy, was I please to hear those words!!

3) Paid the Courier service and left

Visa and brown envelope arrived following morning by courier, which I was very suprised about as I was not expecting it until Friday. Consular officer does tell you when to expect your visa by mail.
GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE STARTING OR GOING THROUGH THIS PROCESS AND THANK YOU TO YOU ALL WHO HELPED ME THOUGH IT. IM ME IF YOU NEED ANY HELP. EMILY