CR1 Visa has arrived!

Old Sep 14th 2010, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Nicksterrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR1 Visa has arrived!

Hi all
Not been on here for a while, been busy experiencing fatherhood for the first time, was out in the States for 3 months over the summer where our beautiful baby girl was born, little sleep, lots of dirty diapers/nappies amazing time!

Had to come back after my 90 days to have my visa interview at the US embassy in London, very traumatic leaving them out there as am sure many of you have experienced also.

Just wanted to thank everyone on here for the help and advice that has been shared, both directly through posts I have posted and indirectly through lots of searching of the forums. Am sure with me settling over there I will have many more questions!

Im planning on writing all about our experience very soon on here, hopefully some of our experience will help others too. Its been a stressful few months but im now just about packed and all set to get back to my two girls (wife and baby).

Anyway, thanks again everyone, and....ok, maybe one quick question before I finish packing ;-) I have my big brown envelope and passport (with CR1 visa) and chest xrays, but is there anything else I should take with me? Reason I ask is that I have so many copies of forms used during the past few months that im paranoid about not taking anything else I should!

Thanks

Nick
Old Sep 14th 2010, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Visa has arrived!

Originally Posted by Nicksterrr
I have my big brown envelope and passport (with CR1 visa) and chest xrays, but is there anything else I should take with me? Reason I ask is that I have so many copies of forms used during the past few months that im paranoid about not taking anything else I should!
I generally advise keeping copies of everything for future reference... but for your trip to the US, you'll need only your passport with visa and the brown envelope. In 13 years, including my own journey, I've never known anyone to be asked for the chest xray even though they suggest you have it in your carry-on luggage. Still, what does it hurt to bring it? I folded mine in half to make it easier to carry.

Ian
Old Sep 14th 2010, 3:55 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Visa has arrived!

There is a wiki article titled Immigrant Visa Arrival written for just your questions. See the US Immigration section of the BE wiki (links at top of page).