Wikiposts

CR1 to IR1

Old May 18th 2018, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR1 to IR1

just planning ahead.
my cr1 visa was approved and I'm looking to enter the USA in July.
We celebrate our 2nd anniversary in February.
At what point to I apply to change my CR1 to IR1?

also....once I get IR1 is that it? Or do I have to apply again in 10 years? (Read somewhere about 10 years).

Thanks in advance.
Old May 18th 2018, 6:07 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 to IR1

If you mean February 2019 you will get an CR1 when you enter. You apply for renewal when that expires and then it is 10 years after that. If your anniversary was in 2018 you will get an IR1 stamp at the POE.
Old May 18th 2018, 8:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you enter the USA prior to your second wedding anniversary, you will enter as CR-1. You never change it to an IR-1.

If you enter as a CR-1, then you will apply to remove conditions during the 90- day window just prior to your 2-year status expiration.

After you've been a PR for 3 years, if still married to your USC spouse, you can apply for naturalization.

or, you can continue being a PR and renew your green card in 10 years.

if you enter the USA after your second wedding anniversary, you enter as IR-1 and skip the removal of conditions part.

Rene
Old May 19th 2018, 4:35 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Your visa is a one-time entry document. Once you've entered, you are no longer a visa holder but a permanent resident. So your visa never changes from one type to another. The date you enter the country determines whether you are admitted as a conditional permanent resident or not.