Reload this Page >

Smoked marijuana once nine years ago

Smoked marijuana once nine years ago

Old May 19th 2018, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Phillipians is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Smoked marijuana once nine years ago

Hi everyone

I have looked through the older posts in this topic but none of them adress my situation directly so im asking again to have more clarity.

I am 24 from London. I plan to join my fiance in california. I will be doing the medical soon. I plan to answer ' yes ' to have i used drugs before.

I smoked marijuana once when i was 15, and have not touched it since.

What is likely to be the outcome? Will the medical examiner let it slide completely? Will i have a drugs test, and if i pass, all will be well?

Many thanks
Old May 19th 2018, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smoked marijuana once nine years ago

All of the above could happen. Any issues with the police?
Old May 19th 2018, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Phillipians is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tom169
All of the above could happen. Any issues with the police?
no, none
Old May 19th 2018, 4:30 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

You must declare it since the question on the medical is "have you ever...?" It will then be up to the professional opinion of the medical team and the embassy staff as to whether you have met the requirements or not. I have seen various outcomes to this scenario. One person's visa approval was put on hold for a year during which time they had to have regular drug tests and in another case it did not prevent the visa from being approved.
Old May 19th 2018, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

If you smoked pot once, nine years ago it is hardly going to be in your system is it? It is just a medical, not an autopsy.
Old May 19th 2018, 5:51 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, just say no, save yourself the hassle.
Old May 19th 2018, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you *sure* that it was really marijuana?
How do you *know* that it was marijuana?
Could you stand up in court and swear under oath that it definitely *was* marijuana?

Just asking in case, on reflection, you might discover that there was some doubt about this ...
Old May 19th 2018, 7:59 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by az2014
Exactly, just say no, save yourself the hassle.
Do not encourage people to lie with respect to immigration.

If you smoked pot once, nine years ago it is hardly going to be in your system is it? It is just a medical, not an autopsy.
What are you suggesting here?
Old May 20th 2018, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

What am I suggesting? Dispense with the verbal/written diarrhea. If the guy tried pot once nearly a decade ago is it really worth blabbering about if it is going to potentially cause hassle? If it was recent then perhaps look at it differently but even law enforcement can only check >2 years through hair and don't care about it if it was below 18.
Old May 20th 2018, 10:00 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notaclue
What am I suggesting? Dispense with the verbal/written diarrhea. If the guy tried pot once nearly a decade ago is it really worth blabbering about if it is going to potentially cause hassle? If it was recent then perhaps look at it differently but even law enforcement can only check >2 years through hair and don't care about it if it was below 18.
If you choose to lie, that's on you, but do not advise other people to do so - the question asks 'have you ever....' not 'have you ever... unless it was once several years ago'
Old May 20th 2018, 10:25 am
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
If you choose to lie, that's on you, but do not advise other people to do so - the question asks 'have you ever....' not 'have you ever... unless it was once several years ago'
its an insignificant lie. And there is 100% no way to prove its a lie.
Old May 20th 2018, 11:00 am
Often not so civil...

Originally Posted by az2014
its an insignificant lie. And there is 100% no way to prove its a lie.
That's easy to say when it's not your ass on the line. Frankly I think it's appalling that you would advise someone to put themselves at risk that way, it's an anathema to what this forum is for. Ever seen the sticky at the top of the US forum that says 'Immigration fraud, just don't do it'???
Old May 20th 2018, 2:57 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notaclue
Probably not but that's the reason they ask.
Old May 20th 2018, 3:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by civilservant
That's easy to say when it's not your ass on the line. Frankly I think it's appalling that you would advise someone to put themselves at risk that way, it's an anathema to what this forum is for. Ever seen the sticky at the top of the US forum that says 'Immigration fraud, just don't do it'???
Makes me wonder where some people draw the line and which lies they consider acceptable and which they don't. So, if a bit of marijuana is ok to lie about, what about a bit of shoplifting? After all, the item probably isn't in your possession anymore if it was 9 years ago so that makes it ok, right?
Old May 20th 2018, 3:40 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

I think people also forget that this is a public forum which can be read by anyone!! Just saying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.