Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR1 Interview Tomorrow @ 9am, OMG

CR1 Interview Tomorrow @ 9am, OMG

Old Jul 14th 2011, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Gary Hipperson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR1 Interview Tomorrow @ 9am, OMG

Well its come down to the wire now. after 2 1/2 years of marriage I have my Interview at the London Embassy tomorrow! I dont really have any questions I just need to talk about this with people I have so much going through my head that its hard to concentrate or get anything done! feel very pressured and that i have the Weight of both my partners and my own worlds are on my shoulders!

Anybody else got theres tomorrow in london? how are you feeling?
Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

pitymetorockypoint is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CR1 Interview Tomorrow @ 9am, OMG

Best of luck to you mate. Try not to say "Both my partners" in the interview . Took me a couple of reads before i figured out what you meant
Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gary Hipperson
Well its come down to the wire now. after 2 1/2 years of marriage I have my Interview at the London Embassy tomorrow! I dont really have any questions I just need to talk about this with people I have so much going through my head that its hard to concentrate or get anything done! feel very pressured and that i have the Weight of both my partners and my own worlds are on my shoulders!

Anybody else got theres tomorrow in london? how are you feeling?
Good luck! Hope everything goes well! Just take a deep breath and go for it.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: CR1 Interview Tomorrow @ 9am, OMG

Originally Posted by pitymetorockypoint
Best of luck to you mate. Try not to say "Both my partners" in the interview . Took me a couple of reads before i figured out what you meant
Lol, Whoops My bad, Grammar has never been a strong point of mine! I will take your feedback on board
Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:46 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Rule 1 -- tell the truth, it is easier to remember. Corollary: don't guess. It is OK to say "I do not know," "I do not remember" -- if it is the truth.

Rule 2 -- understand the question being asked. If you answer without understanding the question, you may very well violate rule #1. It is OK to say "I don't understand the question," "what?" etc.

Rule 3 -- and this is the hardest -- Answer only the question asked, nothing more. Period. "Do you know what time it is?" "Yes, I do" is an example of a correct answer. "10:44 am" is not.

Just remember these three rules. Do not try to get into the consular officer's head.

These rules have stood the test of time and are designed to keep you out of trouble.

Good luck.

BTW, you will be a nervous wreck. However, the ConOff's see many nervous people every day.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Rule 1 -- tell the truth, it is easier to remember. Corollary: don't guess. It is OK to say "I do not know," "I do not remember" -- if it is the truth.

Rule 2 -- understand the question being asked. If you answer without understanding the question, you may very well violate rule #1. It is OK to say "I don't understand the question," "what?" etc.

Rule 3 -- and this is the hardest -- Answer only the question asked, nothing more. Period. "Do you know what time it is?" "Yes, I do" is an example of a correct answer. "10:44 am" is not.

Just remember these three rules. Do not try to get into the consular officer's head.

These rules have stood the test of time and are designed to keep you out of trouble.

Good luck.

BTW, you will be a nervous wreck. However, the ConOff's see many nervous people every day.
Thanks for the Advice, Im so nervous, I have had 2 other Visa interviews there before for work, but this is so much more important! Every moment brings me closer, Its gonna be a roller coaster tomorrow for me and my wife!
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:14 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

LCotts will become famous soon enough

Good luck. Hope all goes well for you.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 4:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. An apostrphe to change the plural to a possessive would have helped.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by pitymetorockypoint
... Took me a couple of reads before i figured out what you meant