Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR1 Interview Review - Today

CR1 Interview Review - Today

Old Jun 12th 2013, 8:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Interview Review - Today

Originally Posted by robUK81
Does this mean I shall experience the same panic? My medical is scheduled for next week but my case isn't complete at the NVC yet.
Keep in mind, also, that your visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of the medical exam, no matter when your interview is. That's one downfall of getting the medical done too soon...it leaves you less time to immigrate after the visa interview.

Rene
Old Jun 12th 2013, 8:48 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean I shall experience the same panic? My medical is scheduled for next week but my case isn't complete at the NVC yet.
Based solely on my own experience I would say yes.

When I was handed my X-Ray CD it was still in the envelope the medical results had been forwarded in (it was stamped knightsbridge over the flap) and on the envelope had been hand written 'LND***** - File Not Yet Received'.

I wouldn't panic, they will have to just go find it
Old Jun 12th 2013, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

robUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Keep in mind, also, that your visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of the medical exam, no matter when your interview is. That's one downfall of getting the medical done too soon...it leaves you less time to immigrate after the visa interview.

Rene
Thanks Rene. All going to plan I hope for a November move with a July/August Interview. Both Affidavit of Support and IV Packets are in receipt of the NVC so hopefully case complete soon

Originally Posted by civilservant
Based solely on my own experience I would say yes.

When I was handed my X-Ray CD it was still in the envelope the medical results had been forwarded in (it was stamped knightsbridge over the flap) and on the envelope had been hand written 'LND***** - File Not Yet Received'.

I wouldn't panic, they will have to just go find it
Many thanks
Old Jun 13th 2013, 12:40 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to panic you will be able to find any number of excuses to do so. On the other hand, you could just chill and life will be so much more enjoyable.

Regards, JEff

Does this mean I shall experience the same panic?
Old Jun 13th 2013, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Carlisle401 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news indeed civilservant. Safe journey.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

RayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations ,,Can I ask how long from submitting forms to getting interview.

Ray
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:26 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

359 days from I-130 submission to interview and approval.

Totally depends what 'forms' you are referring to. !-130? I-864? DS-3032? DS-230?

Last edited by civilservant; Jun 13th 2013 at 4:00 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:59 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

This is worth repeating.
Originally Posted by civilservant
Totally depends what 'forms' you are referring to.
If one wants to get good information they have to provide good information.

Regards, JEff
Old Jun 13th 2013, 4:56 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

My husband's interview is tomorrow, 239 days from the priority date on our standalone I-130 received at the Arizona lockbox. It was processed through the Houston field office.

It took LONGER for our file to go from I-130 approval to interview date than it did for the I-130 to be approved in the first place, which from what I understand is not that usual.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

RayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to beholdRayAme is a splendid one to behold

OK thanks.
As we have a lawyer acting for us, (hope acting is not taken seriously). The last forms I sent of to her in the US was the Police Certificate and the DS 230. Posted last wed U K to U S A Post Office Airsure, she should be receiving them today.

She already has everything else. ie; I 130, I 864, DS 3032.

We, my wife and I have already supplied official copies of previous marriage certificates and divorce papers decree absolute. birth cert, marriage licence and certificate. Affidavit of Support. Evidence of assets, to the lawyer. All these will be sent off to NVC I guess, as we have already gone from USCIS to NVC., so I presume these will be eventually passed on to the U S Embassy in London, leaving me less to supply this end (London).

I did get 3 copies of the ACPO Certificate just in case I needed to. Maybe I should download and print up another DS 230?

Bet it feels great to be all done.

Best of Luck. Ray

Last edited by RayAme; Jun 13th 2013 at 5:17 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

civilservant,

Can you let me (us) know when you get your passport back?
Old Jun 14th 2013, 8:42 am
Often not so civil...

Will do. CEAC shows it has been printed, but DX told me that its about 10 days at the moment before they get the package to deliver.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 3:09 pm
Often not so civil...

Originally Posted by Carlisle401
civilservant,

Can you let me (us) know when you get your passport back?
Passport delivery confirmed for monday
Old Jun 15th 2013, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

4 days, that's good. Good luck for the future and have a safe journey.

Many many thanks for your info.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

civilservant, did you get your passport on Monday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.