Reload this Page >

CR1 Application Timeline

CR1 Application Timeline

Old Aug 1st 2018, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

kbales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CR1 Application Timeline

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Then she can't be a contributing household member. If needed, she could be a joint sponsor. But sounds to me like you qualify on your own.

Rene
That's great! Thank you again.
Old Aug 1st 2018, 4:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You can sponsor your husband as Rene said all on your own. You will need current paystubs (check for the number required), a letter from your employer/or HR stating the position you are in, your annual salary and if it is full time for part time employment.

A plus with that is that if your employer offers healthcare, life insurance, 401K, etc. then you can have them insert that your husband is beneficiary of which benefit you are currently subscribed to with your employer. This helps so the evidence of your married life together.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hello again!

My husband and I are finally finishing up submitting all required documents to the NVC. We took this stage a little slower as we were surprisingly ahead of schedule.

I do have a couple of questions though. When they ask for photographs under civil documents, how many are they looking for? And I'm assuming these are photographs of the two of us together. Just wondering how many is recommended.

Also, does anyone have a recent rough estimate of how long it's taking NVC to review the case after all civil documents/AOS/financial evidence are submitted? Thanks!
Old Oct 10th 2018, 9:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Your husband filed the I-130 stateside, is that correct? And you are living in the UK? You didn't send pictures in with the I-130? Why would they need them at the NVC when you would be bringing them to the interview at the embassy? What are the 'civil' documents that they are asking for? Sorry that I sound so confused.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

EdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond repute

I just uploaded one digital passport style photo of myself on CEAC under civil documents and that was accepted so I assume that is what they are looking for.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

A question regarding my previous tax/financial history!

I can not submit a W2/tax return for 2017 because I worked less than a few weeks all of that year. Is a letter from my employer stating that I was employed, however didn't work enough to make enough money to file taxes enough evidence to prove why I do not have a W2?
Old Nov 20th 2018, 10:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbales
A question regarding my previous tax/financial history!

I can not submit a W2/tax return for 2017 because I worked less than a few weeks all of that year. Is a letter from my employer stating that I was employed, however didn't work enough to make enough money to file taxes enough evidence to prove why I do not have a W2?
You can just write that statement yourself. No need to get it from the employer.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2018, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You can just write that statement yourself. No need to get it from the employer.

Rene
I wrote a small statement under the comment section and it was accepted! All of our documents have now been approved. Thank you so much everyone for your help.

Now we wait for the interview date. Any recent updates on how long this should take?
Old Dec 6th 2018, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Also, while gathering all of the documents for my husbands' interview, I just remembered that my passport is the only document I haven't changed my last name on. When I send him the photocopy, will it be okay during the interview that the passport has my maiden name and not my married last name (his last name)? At this point, I just don't want anything so small to slow the process down any more.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 6:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that will be perfectly fine.

Rene
Old Dec 8th 2018, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

... my passport is the only document I haven't changed my last name on. When I send him the photocopy, will it be okay during the interview that the passport has my maiden name and not my married last name (his last name)? At this point, I just don't want anything so small to slow the process down any more.
It will be totally fine and won't slow down the process, but be prepared for your green card to most likely be issued in your maiden name. Like you, prior to moving to the States, the only document I didn't change my name on was my passport, and despite completing all immigration forms in my married name, the green card was issued in the name on my passport. Which is fair enough and makes sense, but it wasn't what I expected or wanted. It doesn't cause any substantial issue when you get here - you'll just need to lug your marriage certificate with you along with your passport/green card whenever you want to sign up for anything under your married name - and, if your case is anything like mine, be prepared to handle the confusion and frustration of some places not understanding why the name on your SSN doesn't match your green card! My doctor's office has no idea what my name is between one visit and the next.
Old Dec 17th 2018, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KK85
It will be totally fine and won't slow down the process, but be prepared for your green card to most likely be issued in your maiden name. Like you, prior to moving to the States, the only document I didn't change my name on was my passport, and despite completing all immigration forms in my married name, the green card was issued in the name on my passport. Which is fair enough and makes sense, but it wasn't what I expected or wanted. It doesn't cause any substantial issue when you get here - you'll just need to lug your marriage certificate with you along with your passport/green card whenever you want to sign up for anything under your married name - and, if your case is anything like mine, be prepared to handle the confusion and frustration of some places not understanding why the name on your SSN doesn't match your green card! My doctor's office has no idea what my name is between one visit and the next.
My husband is the British citizen so he'll be receiving the green card! I'm assuming he'll be good to go with his last name on the green card. That does sound very frustrating for you though!! It's so funny how confused people can get based on name changes.

Good news! We just received the email with my husbands interview date. It has been scheduled for January 15th (his birthday!). He will be calling first thing tomorrow to book his medical. Is there anything else that he needs to do before booking his medical appointment? He is looking in to book the courier service. After me being the one who did almost all of the visa paperwork and research up to this point, it's hilarious hearing him over the phone complaining about how confused he is on what to do next! It definitely feels good to finally be able to sit back and just wait for him to get here!
Old Dec 18th 2018, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute

I wrote a small statement under the comment section and it was accepted! All of our documents have now been approved. Thank you so much everyone for your help.

Now we wait for the interview date. Any recent updates on how long this should take?
Great news, on your interview date, as myself and wife (USC) have just resubmitted the civil documents, because a couple were uploaded the wrong way round and 3 were missing, probably should have read the instructions properly , so sat here waiting for them to be accepted 18-12-18 .
reading your posts, I'm assuming your documents were accepted on dec 4th, and your interview date was shedueled for 15th Jan , just asking if the time line is accurate , for my own knowledge and understanding.
You both, are so close, congrats for January

Old Dec 20th 2018, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tkd67

Great news, on your interview date, as myself and wife (USC) have just resubmitted the civil documents, because a couple were uploaded the wrong way round and 3 were missing, probably should have read the instructions properly , so sat here waiting for them to be accepted 18-12-18 .
reading your posts, I'm assuming your documents were accepted on dec 4th, and your interview date was shedueled for 15th Jan , just asking if the time line is accurate , for my own knowledge and understanding.
You both, are so close, congrats for January

We received the email on November 29th that all documents had been received and approved, and then on December 17th we received the email notifying my husband of his interview date for January 15th. He called to book his medical the next day (December 18th), and was able to get in the very next day! He went to his medical appointment yesterday (December 19th), and all went well! I have asked him to write up a summary of his experience so that I can post it here for everyone to see. We are so happy that things seem to be moving so quickly, and that we are finally nearly there!
Old Dec 20th 2018, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute

We received the email on November 29th that all documents had been received and approved, and then on December 17th we received the email notifying my husband of his interview date for January 15th. He called to book his medical the next day (December 18th), and was able to get in the very next day! He went to his medical appointment yesterday (December 19th), and all went well! I have asked him to write up a summary of his experience so that I can post it here for everyone to see. We are so happy that things seem to be moving so quickly, and that we are finally nearly there!
Thankyou for the reply...

Thats pretty quick turnaround , from case complete to confirmation of appointment date...that's great to know thank you.
I phoned the NVC to ask how regularly they update the system when all documents are submitted and I was told up to 3 weeks, and was told to count my lucky stars as it used to be 11 weeks, so before I messed it up the other week I think ours took around 8 days to be viewed, then I got a msg stating for more documents, so if not seen by tomorrow , I'm looking at the end of next week due to Christmas or the week after, obviously..
Great news on the medical and I wish your husband well on the interview in January.
Not long now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.