Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR1 Application Timeline

CR1 Application Timeline

Old May 31st 2018, 11:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Application Timeline

Originally Posted by Rete
Agreed with the above but question if they would have shipped it off to the US Consulate as yet. It appears that kbales only got the welcome letter stating that it is now at the NVC. Doesn't she/he have to go through the pre-requisite documentation for approval before it is sent to the appropriate Consulate? For example, the I-864.
yes. But by contacting NVC now, they can hopefully get the consulate location changed at the NVC stage.

Rene
Old May 31st 2018, 12:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
yes. But by contacting NVC now, they can hopefully get the consulate location changed at the NVC stage.

Rene
As I said, I agree. Don't want them in the same position that BTee is in with the petition languishing in no man's land at NVC. Different situation but still the same hell.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

kbales is an unknown quantity at this point

To keep everyone updated on our interview location change, I sent a request from the "ask NVC" page and have yet to hear anything. I called yesterday and they said that the request could only be taken care of via email. The woman on the phone gave me exact instructions on how to write the email. I sent a second email the way she specified, and am hoping I will hear back soon. Does anyone have rough time frames on how long it takes for responses from NVC? And does anyone know if in fact the location change can only be taken care of via email? It's not that I don't believe the woman on the phone, I'm just wondering if there might be a faster way to do this. Also, just want to be sure that everyone agrees that I shouldn't send in any of the fees/paperwork before this is taken care of. It feels strange not doing anything after we've waited so long to get to this stage! Thanks!
Old Jul 1st 2018, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kbales
To keep everyone updated on our interview location change, I sent a request from the "ask NVC" page and have yet to hear anything. I called yesterday and they said that the request could only be taken care of via email. The woman on the phone gave me exact instructions on how to write the email. I sent a second email the way she specified, and am hoping I will hear back soon. Does anyone have rough time frames on how long it takes for responses from NVC? And does anyone know if in fact the location change can only be taken care of via email? It's not that I don't believe the woman on the phone, I'm just wondering if there might be a faster way to do this. Also, just want to be sure that everyone agrees that I shouldn't send in any of the fees/paperwork before this is taken care of. It feels strange not doing anything after we've waited so long to get to this stage! Thanks!
I’m pretty sure I’ve read elsewhere that someone did the same as you for changing location through asknvc and was successful. I’ve had to email NVC a couple of times during my process for different issue and waited around 5-7 days for a reply, so don’t expect anything soon but they will reply.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

I received the email on July 5th that our case number has been changed, and my husband's interview location will be London. The request process ended up being pretty straight forward and fast! Now we are waiting for both payments to process, and then begin the paperwork side of the NVC stage.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

I received the email on July 5th that our case number has been changed, and my husband's interview location will be London. The request process ended up being pretty straight forward and fast! Now we are waiting for both payments to process, and then begin the paperwork side of the NVC stage.
Hi kbales, when did the NVC receive your approved petition from the USCIS?
Old Jul 12th 2018, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BigT103
Hi kbales, when did the NVC receive your approved petition from the USCIS?
I received the welcome email from NVC on May 30th. It then took me almost a month to contact them requesting a change in my husband's interview location, and another week for them to reply with our new case number.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

I received the welcome email from NVC on May 30th. It then took me almost a month to contact them requesting a change in my husband's interview location, and another week for them to reply with our new case number.
I'm just at the NVC stage and I got the NOA2 25th June and still unsure if the NVC has received my approved petition yet.. So your NOA2 was 8th April and it took nearly 8 weeks to get the welcome letter so you could pay the IV & AOS fees online? (sorry for all the questions just trying to work out what the deal is)
Old Jul 12th 2018, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BigT103
I'm just at the NVC stage and I got the NOA2 25th June and still unsure if the NVC has received my approved petition yet.. So your NOA2 was 8th April and it took nearly 8 weeks to get the welcome letter so you could pay the IV & AOS fees online? (sorry for all the questions just trying to work out what the deal is)
Yes, I received the approved NOA 2 on April 7th, and then on May 30th received the email from the NVC - so almost 8 weeks. So if you have only received your NOA 2 a couple of weeks ago, you might still have some time before receiving the NVC email. The good news is, as soon as you receive the email with your case number (assuming it's correct - unlike mine was) you can pay your fees right away to get things going!
Old Jul 12th 2018, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I received the approved NOA 2 on April 7th, and then on May 30th received the email from the NVC - so almost 8 weeks. So if you have only received your NOA 2 a couple of weeks ago, you might still have some time before receiving the NVC email. The good news is, as soon as you receive the email with your case number (assuming it's correct - unlike mine was) you can pay your fees right away to get things going!
Lets hope everything goes smoothly, I really want to be home for Thanksgiving!
Old Jul 12th 2018, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

My husband has a contract in England through early February, so I've relaxed a little bit with the time frame, but it is so hard not knowing when things will happen! I hope you hear something soon. My husband had a big surprise Thanksgiving for me in England last year, which was really nice to feel like home
Old Aug 1st 2018, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

I have a question about which I-864 form to submit. For most of 2017, I was living abroad in England and Sweden with my husband, meaning I could not work. I worked for maybe a total of 6 weeks throughout the entire year in the US. I will have a W-2, but it obviously will not show much income at all. I also did not pay taxes last year, because I made under the required amount. However, since I have been back in the US, I started a new job and am making well over the poverty line for a household of 2. I am currently looking on the Department of State website at the chart that shows the different options for the I-864 forms. My question is, can I use the I-864 form under the section that says "None of the above and you meet the minimum income requirement" or should I have my mom submit her information along with me, and use the "None of the above apply and you are using the income of other household members to meet the minimum income requirement" - meaning the I-864 and I-864A.

I guess I'm just wondering if because I didn't have any income last year (and that's what my W-2 will show) it will negatively impact the application, even though I am making plenty now.

Thank you!
Old Aug 1st 2018, 2:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Does your mom live with you?

It might just be easier to have your mom be a joint sponser and complete a separate I-864.

Although if you are CURRENTLY earning enough for a family of 2 according to the I-864P, then you don't need a joint sponsor or a contributing household member at all. It's not last year's income that matters, it's current income.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 1st 2018 at 2:37 am.
Old Aug 1st 2018, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Rene!
My mom and I do not live together.
Old Aug 1st 2018, 8:50 am

Thank you Rene!
My mom and I do not live together.
Then she can't be a contributing household member. If needed, she could be a joint sponsor. But sounds to me like you qualify on your own.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.