Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR1 Application Timeline

CR1 Application Timeline

Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Application Timeline

The e-notification isn't required. You can also sign up for the text / email alerts via the USCIS website when you know the receipt number.
Old Feb 18th 2018, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

kbales is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: CR1 Application Timeline

I've been talking with my husband about the different steps of this visa process, and he's a little worried about getting his medical records/summary. He has gone to the same doctor in the same village all of his life, so that shouldn't be a problem. However, when he was at university in Texas for 4 years, he went to the hospital a number of times because he broke his leg twice. Does anyone have any advice on the best way for him to get those when the time comes? I fly back to Texas on Wednesday, but he'll be staying in the U.K. either until this is all over, or maybe if he'll be able to visit for a few weeks. Would I be able to get the records for him if he can't come over in the meantime?

I know we're a very long way out from the medical, but it's nice to feel prepared! On that note, how far in advance from the medical can you get your records? Does it need to be within a certain number of days?

Thanks again everyone!
Old Feb 19th 2018, 12:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

He won't need the information from the Texas doctor.

There's no real time frame on obtaining the medical records that I know of.

Rene
Old Feb 19th 2018, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
He won't need the information from the Texas doctor.

There's no real time frame on obtaining the medical records that I know of.

Rene
Good to know! Just curious, is that because it happened in the U.S.?
Old Feb 20th 2018, 11:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbales
Good to know! Just curious, is that because it happened in the U.S.?
Yes.

Rene
Old Feb 24th 2018, 12:19 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been talking with my husband about the different steps of this visa process, and he's a little worried about getting his medical records/summary. He has gone to the same doctor in the same village all of his life, so that shouldn't be a problem. However, when he was at university in Texas for 4 years, he went to the hospital a number of times because he broke his leg twice. Does anyone have any advice on the best way for him to get those when the time comes? I fly back to Texas on Wednesday, but he'll be staying in the U.K. either until this is all over, or maybe if he'll be able to visit for a few weeks. Would I be able to get the records for him if he can't come over in the meantime?

I know we're a very long way out from the medical, but it's nice to feel prepared! On that note, how far in advance from the medical can you get your records? Does it need to be within a certain number of days?

Thanks again everyone!
Bear in mind he needs to provide only a patient summary, not his full medical history. They are not interested in every incident or injury, they just want a summary of his overall general health with a brief summary of any hospitalizations or regular medications. They are not interested in every cough, cold, flu, etc. They are looking for patterns that could suggest mental health issues, addiction, substance abuse etc as these are the things that can cause a denial. His broken leg, although it didn't happen in the U.K., will be on his patient summary as the GP will have made a record of it when he first visited a GP in the U.K. after his return. I've lived in 5 countries prior to moving here and issues that happened overseas were noted on my summary.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Bear in mind he needs to provide only a patient summary, not his full medical history. They are not interested in every incident or injury, they just want a summary of his overall general health with a brief summary of any hospitalizations or regular medications. They are not interested in every cough, cold, flu, etc. They are looking for patterns that could suggest mental health issues, addiction, substance abuse etc as these are the things that can cause a denial. His broken leg, although it didn't happen in the U.K., will be on his patient summary as the GP will have made a record of it when he first visited a GP in the U.K. after his return. I've lived in 5 countries prior to moving here and issues that happened overseas were noted on my summary.
Good to know! Luckily no mental health issues, addiction, or drug abuse. Do you know anything regarding the time frame for getting the summary to turning them in? I think he's wanting to get it done so he doesn't have to worry about it, but I don't want him to have the print out too soon beforehand and then it doesn't count.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 3:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Since a few members have reported that their GP's were reluctant to do this or said it would take time or whatever excuse they wanted to use, getting the summary as soon as the I-130 is approved is the best way to go I assume. Or sooner if there is something in the medical past that might bite you in the bums and need further clarification from the doctor via a letter, etc. There is no expiration date on the summary that the US Consulate has made the public aware of.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Since a few members have reported that their GP's were reluctant to do this or said it would take time or whatever excuse they wanted to use, getting the summary as soon as the I-130 is approved is the best way to go I assume. Or sooner if there is something in the medical past that might bite you in the bums and need further clarification from the doctor via a letter, etc. There is no expiration date on the summary that the US Consulate has made the public aware of.
Thank you so much. I guess that means we have plenty of time to wait if we only sent the I-130 off in September!
Old Feb 24th 2018, 5:37 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know! Luckily no mental health issues, addiction, or drug abuse. Do you know anything regarding the time frame for getting the summary to turning them in? I think he's wanting to get it done so he doesn't have to worry about it, but I don't want him to have the print out too soon beforehand and then it doesn't count.
Largely it depends on how cooperative the GP is. I have heard of people being told “no, we can’t do that” and even being given a “lecture” on how the NHS is not there to assist people in moving overseas, etc etc. I was very fortunate that my GP had lived in Seattle for some years and was very helpful. He had everything I needed done within days, even crawled around in the attic of the surgery to get my paper medical records from childhood to be scanned and copied. But others have been much less fortunate.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Largely it depends on how cooperative the GP is. I have heard of people being told “no, we can’t do that” and even being given a “lecture” on how the NHS is not there to assist people in moving overseas, etc etc. I was very fortunate that my GP had lived in Seattle for some years and was very helpful. He had everything I needed done within days, even crawled around in the attic of the surgery to get my paper medical records from childhood to be scanned and copied. But others have been much less fortunate.
That's so great that you had such a pleasant experience! It's so hard not knowing what each individuals' experience will be like. When then time comes, I will update everyone on how it went for him
Old Feb 24th 2018, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

The worst part of the London embassy process is their exclusivity with Knightsbridge and subsequently Knightsbridge's sometimes incorrect interpretation of perceived issues. Good luck.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 9:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Which preconceived health issues would those be?
Old Mar 17th 2018, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hello again! My husband and I are looking for some advice regarding his job and the visa timeline.

My husband plays football in England, and he is currently signed until the end of this season in May. The issue is that we sent in the I-130 in September 2017, so we're looking around September-November 2018 (maybe but hopefully not too much longer than that) before it's all done. He needs to keep working until the visa comes in, but it's difficult to sign a contract when he will most likely have to leave in the middle of the season relatively unannounced (because the time frame of the visa is so unpredictable at this point). So my question is, is it okay for him to sign a new contract to work through January 2019? The visa would *hopefully* be completed by then, so when the visa does come in he would make a quick 1-2 day trip to the US, and then fly back to the UK to finish out his contract and then come right back to the US for good once he's finished.

I know I've seen posts where people mention flying back to the UK after receiving their visas in order to "tie up loose ends" and things like that. I just want to be sure that what he might be doing falls under that and is all okay. I know almost everyone has a job that they can't just leave out of nowhere, so we're definitely not the first ones with these concerns.

Thanks!
Old Mar 17th 2018, 7:56 pm

Hello again! My husband and I are looking for some advice regarding his job and the visa timeline.

My husband plays football in England, and he is currently signed until the end of this season in May. The issue is that we sent in the I-130 in September 2017, so we're looking around September-November 2018 (maybe but hopefully not too much longer than that) before it's all done. He needs to keep working until the visa comes in, but it's difficult to sign a contract when he will most likely have to leave in the middle of the season relatively unannounced (because the time frame of the visa is so unpredictable at this point). So my question is, is it okay for him to sign a new contract to work through January 2019? The visa would *hopefully* be completed by then, so when the visa does come in he would make a quick 1-2 day trip to the US, and then fly back to the UK to finish out his contract and then come right back to the US for good once he's finished.

I know I've seen posts where people mention flying back to the UK after receiving their visas in order to "tie up loose ends" and things like that. I just want to be sure that what he might be doing falls under that and is all okay. I know almost everyone has a job that they can't just leave out of nowhere, so we're definitely not the first ones with these concerns.

Thanks!
Yes, it would be OK for him to enter the USA using his CR-1 visa, then turn around and go back to work in the UK for another few months.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.