British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   CR-1 Visa - paperwork req'd for London interview (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/cr-1-visa-paperwork-reqd-london-interview-637346/)

Antstar Oct 24th 2009 8:26 pm

CR-1 Visa - paperwork req'd for London interview

I've seen a few threads where K-1 applicants talk about the paperwork required for their London interviews but I'm wondering if any CR1 spouses can either tell me from their experience what paperwork they had to take to the London interview or point me in the right direction of a list from an official website?? Any helps, as always is appreciated! :thumbsup:

meauxna Oct 24th 2009 8:29 pm

Re: CR-1 Visa - paperwork req'd for London interview

For an Immigrant visa, you'll be submitting all your interview documents to the NVC before an interview is even set.
You should take a photocopy of all those originals already submitted with you to the interview for just in case.

Many of us here kept a copy of everything ever filed, for our own records.

If you don't already know the documents you'll be sending, the info is posted on the London site if you follow the links from Immigrant Visa-->spouse and on to interview.

Antstar Oct 24th 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks meauxna, all the documents have already been submitted I'm just waiting for the interview date and topping up my vaccinations in the meantime! Just wanted to make sure I didn't hit any stumbling blocks at the interview because of missing paperwork! I'm having to travel from Canada for the medical and interview etc.....It's a long trip back home to pick-up anything I forget!! :frown:

Thanks again :thumbsup:

meauxna Oct 24th 2009 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Antstar (Post 8042160)
Thanks meauxna, all the documents have already been submitted I'm just waiting for the interview date and topping up my vaccinations in the meantime! Just wanted to make sure I didn't hit any stumbling blocks at the interview because of missing paperwork! I'm having to travel from Canada for the medical and interview etc.....It's a long trip back home to pick-up anything I forget!! :frown:

Thanks again :thumbsup:

oooh.. right. Well, while you're waiting for answers, have a browse through some past threads. Several people have posted interview experiences that will help you spot any 'missing' links in your good prep work!

avanutria Oct 24th 2009 10:08 pm

Ours was IR-1 through DCF, so it may be a bit different. Advice for someone in the IR-1-DCF situation: Take everything asked for on the DS-2001, plus anything relevant to finances/US employment, plus anything relevant to domicile.