CR-1 Application

Old Nov 3rd 2020, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

JDavies17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR-1 Application

Hi all,

Forgive me if I have there is already a thread on this topic,. My partner (USC) and myself (UKC) have recently married and are going to start the application process for the CR-1, I am looking for advice if the application is pretty straight forward or is it better to get help with the application through an immigration lawyer?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 8:00 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 Application

In almost all cases it's totally straight forward (assuming that you don't have a criminal record or a drug habit) so long as you can read English and follow basic instructions to complete rather mundane biographical forms. ..... And if you have any questions, you have friends here on BE to ask, and who will be happy to share their advice and experience.

I completed a CR-1 application myself and it really isn't a big deal, so I would very rarely (usually only per my parenthetical comment above) advise anyone to consult a lawyer over a spouse visa application..

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 3rd 2020 at 8:03 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Southernboy123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything you need you can find on here or by a quick google search believe me......don’t waste money on a lawyer!
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
In almost all cases it's totally straight forward (assuming that you don't have a criminal record or a drug habit) so long as you can read English and follow basic instructions to complete rather mundane biographical forms. ..... And if you have any questions, you have friends here on BE to ask, and who will be happy to share their advice and experience.

I completed a CR-1 application myself and it really isn't a big deal, so I would very rarely (usually only per my parenthetical comment above) advise anyone to consult a lawyer over a spouse visa application..
Originally Posted by Southernboy123 View Post
Everything you need you can find on here or by a quick google search believe me......don’t waste money on a lawyer!
Couldnt agree more with these comments. As someone who has recently received an Immi Visa, we didnt use a lawyer (the frustrations caused by Lockdown etc sometimes made us feel we should - but it would not have changed anything. A lawyer is a LOT of many for very little more - if any - benefit) and these pages are a wealth of knowledge.

Ask and you WILL receive.

Good luck🙂
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

EdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond reputeEdgeAA has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that no lawyer is needed unless you have unusual circumstances like a criminal record or something. I did it myself and it was pretty straight forward. I just asked a few questions on here for clarification/guidance and that was all I needed.