Cover letter for AOS

Old Aug 28th 2012, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

raceman is on a distinguished road
Default Cover letter for AOS

Hi all,
Got pack together, this is the covering letter, can anyone see anything i've missed?

To whom it may concern,
Please find attached my Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application. I wish to apply for permanent resident status, having entered the US to marry my fiancée, now my wife, we would now like to settle down for the rest of our lives together.

The pack contained here contains the following documents, copies and forms. If you require any more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the addresses above.

Yours sincerely,

Paul and Grace Abela.

G-1145 Electronic notification of application.

I-485 Application to Adjust status to Permanent resident
UK Police certificate
Birth Certificate
Copy of UK Passport
Copy of K1 Visa
NAO2 Approval notice
I-94 copy
Certified copy of Certificate of marriage
2 Passport photographs

I-325a Biographic information

I-765 Application for employment Authorisation
Copy of I-94
Copy of Birth Certificate
Copy of UK Passport
Copy of US driving license
Copy K1 Visa
2 Passport photographs

I-864 Affidavit of support
Letter From Graces employer
Letter explaining no tax return for Grace

Rental contract for house
Letter from Berrys
UK tax return for Paul Abela

I-864A Contract between Sponsor and household member
Mrs Wiggins tax return for 2011

I-131 Travel document
Copy of I94
Copy of UK driving license
Explanation letter

I-693 Medical form
copies of vaccinations from UK
Copy of required vaccinations from medical in UK

Cashiers cheque of the value of $1070 to cover fees.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cover letter for AOS

Hey,

Here's the link to what I sent http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761951

Why are you sending your police certificate? I don't think it is needed.

You should send a copy, not original, of your birth certificate.

I didn't do a cover letter (I don't think you need to say that you want to settle for the rest of your lives.) - I just sent the list and wrote at top my name and alien number. I dated and signed it and said that all the copies were of original documents.

I haven't had an RFE and my interview is in two weeks so I guess what I sent was fine.

Hope that helps.

Ooh, make sure you make a photocopy of the whole package before you send it in.
Good luck

Last edited by Holliver; Aug 28th 2012 at 4:54 am.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi Holliver,

I saw the police cert listed somewhere, visa journey i think. Better to include than not :-)

The birth cert is a copy, typo corrected thank you. Good point re the letter, will edit.

Thank you for your comments, very useful, and followed thank you. EVERYTHING scanned into, or filled in on PC, save the HUGE cost of copying already lol.

How long did it take you to get to interview stage from sending in the pack? What prep have you done ready for it? And GOOD LUCK, I'd love to know 1. what happens, and 2. how you got on!

:-)
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

And just realised I needed pics for the I-131, thank you very much :-)

I am right in thinking ALL the forms get sent to the same place right? (Chicargo Lock box?)
Old Aug 28th 2012, 12:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raceman
And just realised I needed pics for the I-131, thank you very much :-)

I am right in thinking ALL the forms get sent to the same place right? (Chicargo Lock box?)
Yes, the whole package gets sent to the appropriate address on the I-485.

1. You don't need the UK police certificate.
2. You mistyped the form number for Biographical Info
3. I am not sure on the affidavit of support which way you've decided to go...you're sending information for both ways...but you should just choose one and do that. If you're using a contributing household member (I-864A), then don't send your information from the UK rental properties...it's just too much information that isn't necessary and is confusing to the person looking at your package.
4. The I-131 doesn't need a copy of your UK driving license.
5. The I-765 doesn't need a copy of your US driving license.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Please find attached my Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application. I wish to apply for permanent resident status, having entered the US to marry my fiancée, now my wife, we would now like to settle down for the rest of our lives together.
All the stuff that I've bolded is irrelevant and unnecessary - and only serves to confuse what you actually need to say.

Ian
Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do not documents of personal ilk from the UK, i.e. police report, realty docs, driver's license, most are already in your file from the K-1 processing. USCIS does not need your filed UK tax return either.

Do not send a cashier's check. Use a personal check instead. Do not overburden them with useless documentation. Supply what is asked for. You will have an opportunity to bore the interviewer at your interview for AOS.

As for photos, the I-131 and I765 pix used will be the biometric one.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

Hi Holliver,

I saw the police cert listed somewhere, visa journey i think. Better to include than not :-)

The birth cert is a copy, typo corrected thank you. Good point re the letter, will edit.

Thank you for your comments, very useful, and followed thank you. EVERYTHING scanned into, or filled in on PC, save the HUGE cost of copying already lol.

How long did it take you to get to interview stage from sending in the pack? What prep have you done ready for it? And GOOD LUCK, I'd love to know 1. what happens, and 2. how you got on!

:-)

As others have mentioned - it is not better to include what is not asked for. It can only confuse.

It had my biometrics a month after I sent my AOS package in. My interview is set for Sept 11th (yes, I know!!) and I found out about two weeks ago.

I'll post closer to my interview date the items I'm taking. Haven't finished sorting it all out yet.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

I was including the police cert as it mentioned under section 6 in the instructions "Police clearances", but i take the points made, and will remove,

I was including my tax return and rental contract to evidence my UK income. How else to prove it?

Rene, I was going to go for using both me and MIL to be safe, but can still go either way, have both sets of forms filled in :-) Will make up my mind at some point lol

Thank you.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 5:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I was including my tax return and rental contract to evidence my UK income. How else to prove it?
If you are going to use just your wife's I-864 and use your income on it, then yes, include your income evidence.

If you are going to use MIL as a joint sponsor, then do not include your UK income information...it will just confuse them.

Rene, I was going to go for using both me and MIL to be safe, but can still go either way, have both sets of forms filled in :-) Will make up my mind at some point lol
My advice is to NOT include both scenarios in the AOS package. It will just confuse them, as it won't be clear what you're doing.

Choose one route and stick to ONLY that one. If someone along the way doesn't like that scenario, they will send an RFE for something else.

Really...just choose one scenario and include only that evidence. Don't send both.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2012, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
All the stuff that I've bolded is irrelevant and unnecessary - and only serves to confuse what you actually need to say.

Ian
Edited thank you
Old Aug 28th 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Rene, I was only going to include 1 scenario, either with MIL, MIL & me, OR JUST me, just undecided as to which.

Will my property income, letter from accountant, and tax return for last year be enough to prove my income, and satisfy the income level? Could do without RFE's delaying the process :-)
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Do not send a cashier's check. Use a personal check instead.
Sadly we don't have any personal cheques, hence i can only get them from the bank on an as and when required basis. Is that a disaster?
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:14 pm

Sadly we don't have any personal cheques, hence i can only get them from the bank on an as and when required basis. Is that a disaster?
No, it's fine. You can pay by any method listed on the I-485 instructions.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:15 pm

Hi Rene, I was only going to include 1 scenario, either with MIL, MIL & me, OR JUST me, just undecided as to which.

Will my property income, letter from accountant, and tax return for last year be enough to prove my income, and satisfy the income level? Could do without RFE's delaying the process :-)
OK. The way you added all the information in your cover letter made it sound like you were going to send everything.

This has all been discussed in your other thread, so all you can do is re-read that and decide if you think it's "enough". As I think someone (maybe me) said in that thread, all you can do is provide what you have. You can't provide what you don't have.

Rene