Courier question

Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:58 am
Just Joined

jennarandhayes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Courier question

My husband just called from London (I'm in the USA) to tell me that his Visa has been approved! He was told that he would receive his "brown envelope" in the mail within 10 days. They said that due to the high volume of mail he should expect the package in 7 days minimum, but up to 10 days. The problem is that he is still working and will not be home until after 5:30pm each day. Had it been me, I would have sent the package to work (grumble, grumble). Will he be given a second opportunity to be at the address before the package is returned to the embassy? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Courier question

Can't he miss a day of work? He should be sent a text the day before letting him know that the package is being delivered the next day. Failing that, is there a friend or anybody else that can be at his house for a day? He doesn't need to be there, as long as the other person has some form of your husband's ID.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 6:02 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennarandhayes
My husband just called from London (I'm in the USA) to tell me that his Visa has been approved! He was told that he would receive his "brown envelope" in the mail within 10 days. They said that due to the high volume of mail he should expect the package in 7 days minimum, but up to 10 days. The problem is that he is still working and will not be home until after 5:30pm each day. Had it been me, I would have sent the package to work (grumble, grumble). Will he be given a second opportunity to be at the address before the package is returned to the embassy? Thanks in advance.
Did you mean to say mail, or did you mean courier. Where does he live, is it NI or one of the Scottish islands as I believe they have a different method of delivery than the mainland courier, and that may effect what happens if he is not there when it is delivered.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

MusicMan71 is an unknown quantity at this point

They leave a card for a failed delivery I believe, in order to re-arrange delivery; also you can try to contact them to get the delivery addressed changed.
If you do manage to get it changed to a work address; someone will need to have his ID to sign-for it if he's unavailable.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

jennarandhayes is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. He is in Leicester, UK, and he was told that it would be delivered by courier. I don't know anything about a text prior to the delivery, but if so, that would be great! I just have to hope that he will receive either a text or a failed delivery notice as we have no one to wait at the house (unless we know in advance, and then we could ask his sister). One final hurdle, I'm hoping to have him home by the 24th. Fingers crossed. x
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

MusicMan71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. He is in Leicester, UK, and he was told that it would be delivered by courier. I don't know anything about a text prior to the delivery, but if so, that would be great! I just have to hope that he will receive either a text or a failed delivery notice as we have no one to wait at the house (unless we know in advance, and then we could ask his sister). One final hurdle, I'm hoping to have him home by the 24th. Fingers crossed. x
The website tracking may reflect the delivery date before the SMS is received, so it's wise to keep checking that.
If you listed a number for the SMS, it should say on the invoice, along with your tracking number and URL for the DXSecure site.