Couple of questions

Old Aug 15th 2018, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple of questions

Hi guys!

We sent cent off the AOS package about 3 weeks ago and received a receipt from the post office saying it had been delivered. We haven’t heard anything from USCIS (electronic notification), how long did it take for them to reply to people who have sent it? I seen something about a month after you send it but I don’t know.

Also so I went to the DMV with all my documents including my I-797 for the k1 visa, they photocopied everything and sent it somewhere to be checked over. I then received a letter in the mail saying they didn’t receive enough information and can’t let me take the test? What would be the best form of evidence to send that shows I’m still in contact with the USCIS?

Thanks for any info!

Josh
Old Aug 15th 2018, 12:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple of questions

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
We sent cent off the AOS package about 3 weeks ago and received a receipt from the post office saying it had been delivered. We haven’t heard anything from USCIS (electronic notification), how long did it take for them to reply to people who have sent it? I seen something about a month after you send it but I don’t know.

USCIS is quite unpredictable right now with timelines, so it will take as long as it takes. Other timelines won't really help you. Yours could be faster or slower.

Also so I went to the DMV with all my documents including my I-797 for the k1 visa, they photocopied everything and sent it somewhere to be checked over. I then received a letter in the mail saying they didn’t receive enough information and can’t let me take the test? What would be the best form of evidence to send that shows I’m still in contact with the USCIS?
Probably the receipt notice from USCIS, whenever it gets into your hands.

Rene
Old Aug 15th 2018, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
USCIS is quite unpredictable right now with timelines, so it will take as long as it takes. Other timelines won't really help you. Yours could be faster or slower.

Probably the receipt notice from USCIS, whenever it gets into your hands.

Rene
Thanks Rene! Helpful as always. I’ll wait for the USCIS, I was just concerned because my receipt from the I-129f came a lot quicker. Obviously all visas are different!
Old Aug 15th 2018, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Mike95 is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m having the same agonising wait Junior, I sent my AOS packet on August 3rd and arrived at the lockbox on the 6th via tracking service. I’ve still had no money taken out of the account yet let alone any response! Has your money been taken yet?

As for DMV, it depends where you live. I’m in Alabama and I got turned away as I needed to have proof of being able to stay in US for 5+ months so I have to wait for my EAD to arrive before I can go and take the road test.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mike95
I’m having the same agonising wait Junior, I sent my AOS packet on August 3rd and arrived at the lockbox on the 6th via tracking service. I’ve still had no money taken out of the account yet let alone any response! Has your money been taken yet?

As for DMV, it depends where you live. I’m in Alabama and I got turned away as I needed to have proof of being able to stay in US for 5+ months so I have to wait for my EAD to arrive before I can go and take the road test.
Hi Mike, it’s quite funny actually because I just woke up an hour ago to 3 texts saying that they have now received my package! I sent mine nearly a month ago now, so that must be a kind of average on how long it’s taking! You should get an answer back soon 😁
Old Aug 15th 2018, 4:31 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194

Hi Mike, it’s quite funny actually because I just woke up an hour ago to 3 texts saying that they have now received my package! I sent mine nearly a month ago now, so that must be a kind of average on how long it’s taking! You should get an answer back soon 😁
USCIS have a habit of sending the texts out at ridiculously late/early times too. I got woken up at 2am to 9 consecutive text messages all saying they had received my application.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Mike95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Funnily enough I’ve seen today the money is pending to come out of my account so now I can just sit back and wait