Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

A couple of question about Mumbai consulate...

A couple of question about Mumbai consulate...

Old Apr 10th 2003, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A couple of question about Mumbai consulate...

Folks,

My wife is up for the K3 interview in 4 short weeks and I have a couple of questions that I would like some input on..

1) Once the K3 VISA is issued (am I being too presumptive?? ), the passport is taken and then the VISA is stamped on it. Are we asked to pick up the VISA ourselves or is the passport mailed? I would much rather that it not be mailed with the entirely unreliable Indian postal service. Any of you who've had your fiancees or spouces get the K1 and K3 VISA from Mumbai, please comment on how you got your passport back with the VISA.

2) I seem to read that there are quite a few people on this NG that have met their fiancees and spouses through the Internet and gone through the K1 and K3 process.

Now during the course of the interview, I'm sure the question abuut "how you met" comes up. To this, did your fiancee/spouse answer truthfully that you met on the Internet? If so, were you unnecessarily scrutanized or criticized or did they just accept it and move on?

I met my wife through the Internet and apart from that everything else in "un-complicated", i.e., I am the USC from Indian origins, we are both young, this is our first marriage, we are of the same religion and so on and so forth.

So I'm just curious if my wife should tell them that we met on the Internet or should say that our family introduced us.

Your comments appreciated.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A couple of question about Mumbai consulate...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cypher

OH yes!!! definately tell the truth. My fiance(now husband)met on the internet via pen pals. We told them the truth. If they feel like she is lying or holding the truth they will get agitated and act unruly. We told the truth about everything.

You should have no problem with the interview since your wife are from the same background, age, no previous marriage etc.

Right now my husband picked up his visa at the consulate after he was told he got the visa. From reading other posts from mumbai, she will pick up the visa the day after the interview.

amy
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh ok, good advice. We'll be sure to diclose the truth about our meeting and it's good that we can pick up the passport ourselves.

Regards