Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Couple of Q's. Just started K1 Process.

Couple of Q's. Just started K1 Process.

Old Oct 1st 2016, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Jimmytwotimes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple of Q's. Just started K1 Process.

Hey folks,

We have just taken the plunge and I plan to move to the US from UK and get married next summer time. (yay)

If I might impose a couple of Q's.

1) Does it have any effect on the application process that I have been out of work on medical for the past 3 years? (mental health, but not a danger or anything)

2) What happens when I attend the interview at the US embassy? Will they try and "trip you up"?

3) Does the fact that I am overweight effect anything on the medical?

Thanks folks.

Old Oct 1st 2016, 10:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple of Q's. Just started K1 Process.

1. No.
2. No.
3. No.

Rene
Old Oct 1st 2016, 10:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimmytwotimes
Hey folks,

We have just taken the plunge and I plan to move to the US from UK and get married next summer time. (yay)

If I might impose a couple of Q's.

1) Does it have any effect on the application process that I have been out of work on medical for the past 3 years? (mental health, but not a danger or anything)
You will need to supply a doctor's note to that affect. Is your fiancée aware of this unemployed state and the reasons why? Do you require medical services from day 1 of entry to the US? If so, can you afford healthcare premiums or is your fiancée employed and can add you to her policy? This will not stop you from obtaining a K-1 but it will impact your life in the US.

2) What happens when I attend the interview at the US embassy? Will they try and "trip you up"?
Trip you up? Are you hiding something that you are going to be lying about on the application for your K-1 or on your medical? Do you have a criminal history? Are you faking your relationship? I am sorry but I truly do not know where your questions comes from unless it is to hide something detrimental that you don't wish known.

3) Does the fact that I am overweight effect anything on the medical?

Thanks folks.

No, you can be like the reality star of My Big Fat Fabulous Life and still get a K-1 visa. As long as your fiancée is in love with you, then that is what matters.

Last edited by Noorah101; Oct 1st 2016 at 10:42 pm. Reason: Thread moved
Old Oct 1st 2016, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
As long as your fiancée is in love with you, then that is what matters.
I'm going to bump this up a notch... and note that, so far as US immigration is concerned, love doesn't even enter the K-1 equation - and it's not a requirement for getting the visa.

Ian
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 12:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm going to bump this up a notch... and note that, so far as US immigration is concerned, love doesn't even enter the K-1 equation - and it's not a requirement for getting the visa.

Ian
True, so very true. But it does help in certain situations
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fairly confident the only thing healthwise that would stop you gaining your K1 would be a communicable disease (STD etc etc) and whether you pose a danger to yourself or others. So it won't matter if you're 50 pounds or 500 pounds.

There are some really good experiences/reviews of others attending the K1 interview and what questions they were asked and none of them are designed to catch you out. They're simple questions anyone can answer about themselves and their partner.