Reload this Page >

Couple Of Affidavit Of Support Questions

Couple Of Affidavit Of Support Questions

Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:32 pm
Rockin' In the Free World

BrookNTwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple Of Affidavit Of Support Questions

Hi All

Looking for a wee bit of assistance.....

Have had I-130 petition approved, sent off my DS-230 and DS-2001 and am now currently waiting for my interview date....

I am now at the point where my wife is preparing an affidavit of support I-864 (we are filing DCF) but we will also require a joint sponsor due to her income ceasing at the time of our move (in this case, her father who makes more than the required amount).

Now to my questions:

1. On my wife's form, should she tick box 1a (I am the petitioner) or should she tick box 1e (I am the first of two joint sponsors)?

2. Similarly, would my Father in law tick box 1d (I am the only joint sponsor) or box 1e (I am the second of two joint sponsors)?

3. Under question 15, should my wife write "United States" or "United Kingdom"? (Although she is living here, would she have to say she is domiciled in the US?)

4. Finally, under income, it doesn't ask whether this income (my wife's) will continue after our move to the US (which it will not). Is this ascertained at interview where they will then request to look at my Father in law's affidavit?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Anthony
Old Jul 14th 2009, 3:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple Of Affidavit Of Support Questions

Originally Posted by BrookNTwon
1. On my wife's form, should she tick box 1a (I am the petitioner) or should she tick box 1e (I am the first of two joint sponsors)?
I am the petitioner.

2. Similarly, would my Father in law tick box 1d (I am the only joint sponsor) or box 1e (I am the second of two joint sponsors)?
I am the only joint sponsor.

3. Under question 15, should my wife write "United States" or "United Kingdom"? (Although she is living here, would she have to say she is domiciled in the US?)
I'm not sure on this one...I'm thinking US, since she is supposed to be domiciled there.

4. Finally, under income, it doesn't ask whether this income (my wife's) will continue after our move to the US (which it will not). Is this ascertained at interview where they will then request to look at my Father in law's affidavit?
At the interview, you will turn in both I-864's and you can tell the ConOff that your wife's income is UK-based, and that's why you have a joint sponsor.

Rene