Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CORY GOT HIS K-1 VISA!!!!!!!!!!! (Vancouver)

CORY GOT HIS K-1 VISA!!!!!!!!!!! (Vancouver)

Old Mar 13th 2003, 2:15 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default CORY GOT HIS K-1 VISA!!!!!!!!!!! (Vancouver)

Cory just called me from the airport...he just got his K-1 from Vancouver!! I just screamed on the phone when he told me, we are so happy! We were so worried about that time when he was refused admission to the country, but it's all ok! They said they didnt' care too much about whether he was denied admission, just that he wasn't banned or deported or anything They asked him about what happened, and he described it, then checked the computer to verify everything.

When he checked in, he DID have to fill out those new forms ...I forgot the exact one, the DS 156 or DS 156K. Then he waited a whole hour...then the interviewer came out and said ok lets do the interview. She asked some questions about how we met, etc. and asked if he had any emails. He said he didn't but he has tons of phone bills (probably the $700+ phone bill was what convinced her LOL!)(when I saw that phone bill last year, I almost passed out). Anyway, she went through the papers and the last thing was the issue of the refused admission to the U.S., and they said they needed to check the computers, so he waited a PAINFUL 2 hours in complete anxiety that the refused admission was going to do him in...then at about 5 pm the lady came out and said just said "here's your visa." He said huh???? I guess he was totally surprised And then they kicked him out because it was the close of business HAHA!!! Well, they joked about it, but it's just funny how he got the visa then had to head out so fast. He was crying all the way to the airport, where he called me on a pay phone...he plans to fly here the first week of April

We were both nervous wreaks last night, and now we don't have to worry anymore We hope to be married at the end of May.

Juliet
Old Mar 13th 2003, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CORY GOT HIS K-1 VISA!!!!!!!!!!! (Vancouver)

Originally posted by jcapulet
Cory just called me from the airport...he just got his K-1 from Vancouver!! I just screamed on the phone when he told me, we are so happy! We were so worried about that time when he was refused admission to the country, but it's all ok! They said they didnt' care too much about whether he was denied admission, just that he wasn't banned or deported or anything They asked him about what happened, and he described it, then checked the computer to verify everything.

When he checked in, he DID have to fill out those new forms ...I forgot the exact one, the DS 156 or DS 156K. Then he waited a whole hour...then the interviewer came out and said ok lets do the interview. She asked some questions about how we met, etc. and asked if he had any emails. He said he didn't but he has tons of phone bills (probably the $700+ phone bill was what convinced her LOL!)(when I saw that phone bill last year, I almost passed out). Anyway, she went through the papers and the last thing was the issue of the refused admission to the U.S., and they said they needed to check the computers, so he waited a PAINFUL 2 hours in complete anxiety that the refused admission was going to do him in...then at about 5 pm the lady came out and said just said "here's your visa." He said huh???? I guess he was totally surprised And then they kicked him out because it was the close of business HAHA!!! Well, they joked about it, but it's just funny how he got the visa then had to head out so fast. He was crying all the way to the airport, where he called me on a pay phone...he plans to fly here the first week of April

We were both nervous wreaks last night, and now we don't have to worry anymore We hope to be married at the end of May.

Juliet

Vancouver's a nice city. Did he take a visit to Victoria -- I like that place too. Of course, I seem to remember that an Al Queada type was caught at the Port Angeles ferry landing several years back.
Old Mar 13th 2003, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Tiff is an unknown quantity at this point

AWESOME!!! Congrats
Old Mar 13th 2003, 2:31 am
Account Closed

imkimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Juliet
Juliet-

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! You and Cory must be on cloud 9 now.

Kimberly
Old Mar 13th 2003, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hi,

CONGRATULATIONS !!! to the two of you. You both must be so happy. Hope you have a wonderful wedding and a wonderful life together.

Best wishes,

Kat and Chris
Old Mar 13th 2003, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Juliet!!!! Best wishes for the rest

Caroline
Old Mar 13th 2003, 3:37 am
Nic
Forum Regular

Nic is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic! Congratulations.

Thank you too, for posting Cory's experience at the Consulate interview. I've just sent in my checklist today and am awaiting notification of when my interview might be. It's good to hear from people who have experienced it firsthand.

Good on ya!
Old Mar 13th 2003, 6:55 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to both of you!!!!!!

Debbie
Old Mar 13th 2003, 7:02 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Juliet

Congrats & glad that everything worked out great.

When we was at Peter's interview, they didnt ask for any proof of relationship & when he explained about his denial into the US they said that wasnt a concern & didnt even check in the computer like what they did with your fiance.

HOLY COW! 700 phone bill. Lord you must have talked alot. heh The most mine ever was was over 200 & I thought that was too much.

Hope you 2 have a happy life together.
Old Mar 13th 2003, 8:47 am
Albertacanuck

Way to go! Best of luck to both of you!

jcapulet wrote in message news:...
    > Cory just called me from the airport...he just got his K-1 from
    > Vancouver!! I just screamed on the phone when he told me, we are so
    > happy! We were so worried about that time when he was refused admission
    > to the country, but it's all ok! They said they didnt' care too much
    > about whether he was denied admission, just that he wasn't banned or
    > deported or anything They asked him about what happened, and he
    > described it, then checked the computer to verify everything.
    >
    > When he checked in, he DID have to fill out those new forms ...I
    > forgot the exact one, the DS 156 or DS 156K. Then he waited a whole
    > hour...then the interviewer came out and said ok lets do the interview.
    > She asked some questions about how we met, etc. and asked if he had any
    > emails. He said he didn't but he has tons of phone bills (probably the
    > $700+ phone bill was what convinced her LOL!)(when I saw that phone
    > bill last year, I almost passed out). Anyway, she went through the
    > papers and the last thing was the issue of the refused admission to the
    > U.S., and they said they needed to check the computers, so he waited a
    > PAINFUL 2 hours in complete anxiety that the refused admission was
    > going to do him in...then at about 5 pm the lady came out and said just
    > said "here's your visa." He said huh???? I guess he was totally
    > surprised And then they kicked him out because it was the close of
    > business HAHA!!! Well, they joked about it, but it's just funny how he
    > got the visa then had to head out so fast. He was crying all the way to
    > the airport, where he called me on a pay phone...he plans to fly here
    > the first week of April
    >
    > We were both nervous wreaks last night, and now we don't have to worry
    > anymore We hope to be married at the end of May.
    >
    > Juliet

Old Mar 13th 2003, 9:14 am
Dana Burke

Congratulations! Nothing but the best for your future together!!!

Dana

Old Mar 13th 2003, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Woooooo Hooooooo CONGRATULATIONS

Sal
Old Mar 13th 2003, 2:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

<snip>He was crying all the way to the airport, where he called me on a pay phone...he plans to fly here the first week of April

Juliet
Gosh, that's a long wait at the airport; are the check-in times that long now?

<g> Congratulations to you both & best wishes for your happy future!
Old Mar 13th 2003, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

All I can say is .....................
YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH !!!!!!!
Love to see these things progress, thanks for sharing with us.
Old Mar 13th 2003, 3:15 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

LOL I meant is he called from the Vancouver airport because he flew to Vancouver from Emonton He will be flying to the U.S. at the beginning of April I just realized that probably sounded funny

Juliet

Originally posted by meauxna
Gosh, that's a long wait at the airport; are the check-in times that long now?

<g> Congratulations to you both & best wishes for your happy future!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.