Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

contacting the US Embassy in London, whilst in the US

contacting the US Embassy in London, whilst in the US

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 11:09 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light
Default contacting the US Embassy in London, whilst in the US

Maybe I'm just being thick, but the number on their website won't work for me, as far as I know I'm using the correct international code, I really need to contact them urgently about my stolen visa- can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks peeps.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: contacting the US Embassy in London, whilst in the US

Originally Posted by Meryl
Maybe I'm just being thick, but the number on their website won't work for me, as far as I know I'm using the correct international code, I really need to contact them urgently about my stolen visa- can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks peeps.
Try contacting a British consulate in the USA instead.

Rene
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

Picnic is an unknown quantity at this point

A British Consulate in the USA will be able to issue an emergency travel document if the OP needs to travel urgently to the UK, or the OP can apply for a replacement passport from the Embassy in Washington.

They will not offer advice on the replacement visa, or on any matters pertaining to US immigration.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 4:54 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks peeps.
I don't think they want you to call them; the visa number goes to a call center in Scotland, for example. Use email to reach the right people:

Lost or Stolen Non-US Passports containing valid U.S. Visas

If your passport containing a valid U.S. visa is lost or stolen, you are required to report the loss or theft to the Embassy. Please either email [email protected] or write to the Visa Section, 5 Upper Grosvenor Street, London, W1A 2JB, with the following information:

* Your full name, date and place of birth;
* The number and nationality of the lost or stolen passport;
* The type of visa held and date and place of issuance;
* Description of the loss or theft and if it has been reported to the police and/or your embassy. If reported to the police, please provide details including crime report/reference number.

Note: The email address is for the exclusive use of those reporting a lost or stolen passport. Unsolicited emails will automatically be deleted.

Once you have reported your passport as lost or stolen we will not be able to amend your record should you find the passport. Therefore, please ensure that your passport is not lying in a drawer somewhere before you submit the report.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:40 pm
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

I contacted the UK Embassy on monday, as already mentioned they can only really help me with my passport, I also e-mailed the embassy in London at the above address on monday, I'm not sure wheather they normally reply or not, but so far I haven't heard anything. I think I'm going to write to them instead, see if I have any luck.

This whole thing is a nightmare, I feel as if I'm hitting my head against a brick wall.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I contacted the UK Embassy on monday, as already mentioned they can only really help me with my passport, I also e-mailed the embassy in London at the above address on monday, I'm not sure wheather they normally reply or not, but so far I haven't heard anything. I think I'm going to write to them instead, see if I have any luck.

This whole thing is a nightmare, I feel as if I'm hitting my head against a brick wall.
I never saw the deets, Meryl.. what happened? Was your house robbed? What a nightmare.. I'm so sorry you're having to chase all this down.

I would give the Embassy email route a couple of days before panicking, they are notoriously slow to reply there.
Don't worry, it will all come together eventually.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 7:08 pm
Dallas

my apartment was burgled last friday- the thing is I know who it was, as do the police but there is no proof- it's infuriating
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 7:35 pm

my apartment was burgled last friday- the thing is I know who it was, as do the police but there is no proof- it's infuriating
That's terrible! I'm so sorry.. can only imagine the frustration. How about a facebook campaign for its return?