Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Congratulations Patrick!

Congratulations Patrick!

Old Nov 27th 2002, 1:23 am
Just Joined

lasmus31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congratulations Patrick!

Yeah, I know I'm a bit late but it's been a hectic couple of weeks! I am now temporarily installed at my Father-in-Laws computer in Iowa.

I promise to post my London interview saga as soon as I get the opportunity, although I doubt it will top yours or Scarlett's

I have to say that I found the interview highly emotional, mainly due to the fact that out of the group of us that got talking only us and another guy was granted a Visa, the rest were denied. It's surprising how close you get to a bunch of strangers in a waiting room!

POE in Baltimore was more scary than the interview! My hands were sweating so much that the immigration guy had to mop me for 5 minutes in order to get a fingerprint

Lisa
Old Nov 27th 2002, 9:30 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Congratulations Patrick!

Originally posted by lasmus31
Yeah, I know I'm a bit late but it's been a hectic couple of weeks! I am now temporarily installed at my Father-in-Laws computer in Iowa.

I promise to post my London interview saga as soon as I get the opportunity, although I doubt it will top yours or Scarlett's

I have to say that I found the interview highly emotional, mainly due to the fact that out of the group of us that got talking only us and another guy was granted a Visa, the rest were denied. It's surprising how close you get to a bunch of strangers in a waiting room!

POE in Baltimore was more scary than the interview! My hands were sweating so much that the immigration guy had to mop me for 5 minutes in order to get a fingerprint

Lisa
Thanks Lisa. Its not a competition the interview posts. Everyone has different writing styles, Scarletts has a wonderful descriptive style which helps you visualise everything and mine is a more comedic style. You will bring your own fruit to the table and everyone will gasp in awe of your skills.

Hope everything is going well in Iowa, remember - build it and they will come!

Look forward to reading your account (especially the refusals as I think it has to be something really bad to be refused)

Patrick
Old Nov 27th 2002, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you realise how much sweat that "denials" reference is going to cause! You had better hurry up and post the full story, buddy...lol
Old Nov 27th 2002, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Congratulations Patrick!

Congratulations on the London success, I hope to be there very soon now myself.

I was interested in your baltimore entry, did you fly into BWI, I would be interested to hear your details of entry, did you get an EAD stamp ?.

I will be living outside of Baltimore and fly into that airport all the time, any info would be gratefully resieved,

Rob