Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Confusion about filing offices

Confusion about filing offices

Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold
Default Confusion about filing offices

Hello,

Right, let me get this straight.

You send the I-129F to the Dallas lockbox, from there it is forwarded to the NVC are there four NVC's? - California, Nebraska, Texas and Vermont.
Then the NVC will send it to the US embassy in the country which I put as my address on the I-129F?

Sorry, I'm just getting a bit confused. Thank you
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

masih86 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Confusion about filing offices

Hi Holliver,

I asked the same question recently.

Seems you have the right idea though, not sure about the number of offices but dont know how relevant that is??

I kinda had the mind set once you send the paperwork in, its in their hands so you just wait to be summoned.....

Just in case your interested heres the post I started about this.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=721193

Masih86
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by masih86
Hi Holliver,

I asked the same question recently.

Seems you have the right idea though, not sure about the number of offices but dont know how relevant that is??

I kinda had the mind set once you send the paperwork in, its in their hands so you just wait to be summoned.....

Just in case your interested heres the post I started about this.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=721193

Masih86
Thanks

Hahha, yeah, I did read that one actually

I just got confused when I was looking up waiting times for the forms (because they ask which office is dealing with the form), so I just wanted to clarify that after I send it to Dallas, they then send it to one of those four filing offices before sending it on to the embassy in my country. So I can't check waiting times until I send it to Dallas and they send it on and notify us of where it has gone to. Hope that makes sense.

So, it seems we may be sending ours in at about the same time
Just realised I made a mistake on my form and have to send it to USC again, doh!

Ooh, I just found this timeline which explains it clearly about where stuff goes etc. Maybe useful to you too Masih86.
http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Last edited by Holliver; Jun 21st 2011 at 11:16 am.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Holliver
You send the I-129F to the Dallas lockbox, from there it is forwarded to the NVC...
Correct.

... are there four NVC's? - California, Nebraska, Texas and Vermont.
No, there is only one NVC - in New Hampshire. Most people believe the NVC is in Vermont but it isn't. The other 4 you mention are all Service Centers.

Then the NVC will send it to the US embassy in the country which I put as my address on the I-129F?
Correct.

Ian
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you.

So, at which point does my application get sent to one of the service centres?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 1:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.

So, at which point does my application get sent to one of the service centres?
It first goes to a lockbox in Texas, where they take the payment and look over the contents. Then it gets sent to a Service Center for adjudication. When the I-129F is approved, then it gets sent to NVC in New Hampshire. From there it goes on to the embassy in your home country.

Rene
Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

masih86 is on a distinguished road

Thanks

Hahha, yeah, I did read that one actually

I just got confused when I was looking up waiting times for the forms (because they ask which office is dealing with the form), so I just wanted to clarify that after I send it to Dallas, they then send it to one of those four filing offices before sending it on to the embassy in my country. So I can't check waiting times until I send it to Dallas and they send it on and notify us of where it has gone to. Hope that makes sense.

So, it seems we may be sending ours in at about the same time
Just realised I made a mistake on my form and have to send it to USC again, doh!

Ooh, I just found this timeline which explains it clearly about where stuff goes etc. Maybe useful to you too Masih86.
http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Thanks Holliver!!

Yes I understand what your trying to say, it makes sense so hopefully so cleverclogs on here can answer for you....I

m trying not to concern myself with the tracking aspect of things too much as I'm of the opinion it will only stress me out more worrying about something I have no control over, I just want to concentrate on what I do have influence over and make sure I do my parts correctly (not saying you dont btw), plus I also think if I was to 'watch the progress' It would make the waiting time seems like it was dragging more and im quite looking forward to the suprise when I am finally summoned to complete the final stages etc....

I understand everone is different and im not trying to change your planned way of doing things just my view of it all, I wish you luck with your application and hope you keep us posted on your journey!

'The Missus' has mailed our application this morning, we had planned to send it the weekend just passed, but due to her moving apartments we had to change address on the documents and also she lost the PP photos she had originally made. All sorted now though, YAYYYY!!