Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Confused with I-751 and I89

Confused with I-751 and I89

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused with I-751 and I89

Originally Posted by anandkumar
this is what it says

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.
Where is the one which says the I-89 is approved? This one just says your case was transferred.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

anandkumar is an unknown quantity at this point

That was the last postal mail i received that said that

it had

case status: i-89 approved

underneath it had

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:40 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The USCIS case status updates and the email alerts are not 100% reliable. Sometimes you will get a notice, sometimes not. Sometimes your status will be updated, sometimes not. The only real thing is what you receive in the mail from USCIS, and you were just lucky that you received an email update which gives you the clue that your green card is on the way.

Just be patient. It will show up in the mail.

Rene
The email does not say that the case was approved or that the green card is being manufactured.

It is "CRI89" and says the case has been transferred. Which is what this lady was told in her recent posting of the email in another thread. She is calling it an I-89 which it does not appear to be.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:43 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

This is the same e-mail as the one you wrote above which did not have the case status: i-89 approved with it.

Did you leave it out or were there TWO emails?

it had

underneath it had

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

it had

underneath it had

OK, well I don't know. As far as I can tell, the paragraph you are quoting says your case was transferred, not approved.

If you want to find out more, you'll have to go in person to an Infopass appointment.

I don't think there is anything more we can tell you, since we are reading the same thing you are, and one line says I-89 approved, but the paragraph says it's been transferred and still pending a decision.

Either make an Infopass appointment to ask USCIS in person, of just be more patient and wait for the next notice.

Rene
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

you mean decaf coffe ?
Yes... decaf coffee usually has a calming effect on those who drink it. You seem very anxious and you seem to have very little patience... decaf will help.

Ian
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

I called up the uscis office and they said my case is said to be heard in mid week of may .

she said she requested for green card processing and when i asked is my I-751 approved she said it does not say anything.

well i did receive a mail saying i-89 approved.

well i will wait and see

i will take some heavy decaf
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:33 am
Just Joined

rolland is an unknown quantity at this point

I've received the same type of letter in the mail, about 10 days ago. On that letter, somewhere on the top right it says CRI-89 approved but when I check my status on their website it says that my case didn't change: ... transferred to the California office , bla, bla bla. It is confusing ...
Probably Rene is right: we don't get an email every time when they change something on our applications.
On the other hand, one of my friends who's in the same situation got already his email with "your card is in process,etc" even if he received the same letter in the mail with approved CRI-89 - in the same time with me.
By the way - they received his I-751 form 2 weeks after me. Same Nebraska, then California. I didn't get anything yet!
They received my I-751 on april 2 of 2007.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

nice to know you received the same, makes me feel happy
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

rolland is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got this in my email:

"Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 23, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."

Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:39 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by rolland

On April 23, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."

There you go. Congratulations on the approval and card production.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rolland

wow congrats hope i get that good news soon
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:59 am
Just Joined

GentelMan is an unknown quantity at this point

I also received the same email notification and also received the mail stating under the case type (Approved Removal of Conditions (I89)). I called up and the customer service told me I have to make an info pass to find out the status of my case since it is filed in April 2007 and CSC are processing October 2007. I called again and another person talked to me and informed me that I should be approved and wait for the card because ordering the cards also take turns and she put a request of status for me and said this request should be answered between 45 and 60 days but she think I should get the card before then.
I took the notice and showed it to my lawer and she said that only indicates that the case was transferred and it is not stating it is approved yet.

everyone thinks something different than the other, I guess the only solution is to wait and find out what will happen from here. I hope it means approval and waiting for the card as the 800 awesome lady told me but I can only wait and find out because other people are saying it is still pending so best of luck for everyone.