Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Confused Again... JeffB can you help?

Confused Again... JeffB can you help?

Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused Again... JeffB can you help?

Okay, we got our 2nd NOA online on 2/13/04. I've been calling NVC everyday. They still don't have it. Is that normal?

Should I be doing something other than waiting for the file to arrive at NVC?

JeffB~
I notice in your time line that you said NSC faxed a copy of the approval notice to Lagos. How did you get them to do that? How did you find out that they did that? Is this a standard procedure?

You also mentioned that YOU faxed a copy of the 2nd NOA to NVC why did you do that? Isn't NSC sending them the file? I don't get the purpose behind that??? Did it expedite things? Should I do that too?

I'm just feeling like I should be doing something.

I'm also wondering why NVC doesn't have our file yet.

I'm wondering how long NVC will have it before they send it to Lagos.

I'm wondering HOW they will send the file to Lagos.

I'm wondering how long it will take to get to Lagos.

So if you have a crystal ball let me know.. LOL

I'm missing Sunny so much this week.. His birthday is the 15th of March.. I just miss miss him.. So my mind is all over the place these past few days.. I know you all can relate...

Ruthann
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confused Again... JeffB can you help?

Hi Ruthann,
I sure wish I did have a crystal ball during that process, but all I had was lot's of drive and this board to work with, which WAS and still IS alot actually. I also visited 3 Senators offices (I was in Paul Wellstones office 2 days before his plane crashed and the first constituant to walk into newly elected Norm Coleman's office, plus Mark Dayton's office made some good contact for me too).

First of all, back when I filed, NVC wasn't processing K-1 cases, all the work NVC was doing was done at the Embassies and Consulates. The Service Centers were sending case files directly to the Embassies and Consulates mostly by Diplomatic Pouch, a very slow process. To speed things up back then you could request a fax(cable) be sent ahead of the case file so the Embassies and Consulates could begin the process. I sent a written request to NSC to fax the file to Lagos(and the Consul General) immediatly upon approval(extremely politely with urgency). I know NSC faxed the file a couple days after it was approved because the Consulate gave us the original fax they received from NSC after Remi's interview was over(along with the original I-129F and all original correspondence from every stop all the way through the entire process). At that point NVC had just started doing the security checks and sending the case files to the Embassies and Consulates. Back then NVC generally couldn't find your file till many of us here on the board started faxing our Approval Notices to NVC and miraculously NVC would find it the same or next day. Coincidence? So I did get a little of the best of both parts, a speedy fax and the new speedier way to get the file to Lagos with the security checks already done. The case files are being sent by NVC through a courier service I think, so they get to the Embassies and Consulates pretty fast now days. I believe 10 days is a normal time for NVC to receive a case file so they should have it very quickly and they may already be processing it.
Hope this info helped.

And Yes Ruthann, I can relate, I do know what all the waiting feels like too, it's very painful. But hang in, your getting closer.

Jeff and Remi

Originally posted by ruthann1212
Okay, we got our 2nd NOA online on 2/13/04. I've been calling NVC everyday. They still don't have it. Is that normal?

Should I be doing something other than waiting for the file to arrive at NVC?

JeffB~
I notice in your time line that you said NSC faxed a copy of the approval notice to Lagos. How did you get them to do that? How did you find out that they did that? Is this a standard procedure?

You also mentioned that YOU faxed a copy of the 2nd NOA to NVC why did you do that? Isn't NSC sending them the file? I don't get the purpose behind that??? Did it expedite things? Should I do that too?

I'm just feeling like I should be doing something.

I'm also wondering why NVC doesn't have our file yet.

I'm wondering how long NVC will have it before they send it to Lagos.

I'm wondering HOW they will send the file to Lagos.

I'm wondering how long it will take to get to Lagos.

So if you have a crystal ball let me know.. LOL

I'm missing Sunny so much this week.. His birthday is the 15th of March.. I just miss miss him.. So my mind is all over the place these past few days.. I know you all can relate...

Ruthann
Old Feb 26th 2004, 11:50 am
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ruthann1212
Our NOA 2 was dated Feb. 4th and NVC didn't receive it until the 18th. Give it a few more days, it'll show up.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JeffB
Hi Ruthann,
I sure wish I did have a crystal ball during that process, but all I had was lot's of drive and this board to work with, which WAS and still IS alot actually. I also visited 3 Senators offices (I was in Paul Wellstones office 2 days before his plane crashed and the first constituant to walk into newly elected Norm Coleman's office, plus Mark Dayton's office made some good contact for me too).

First of all, back when I filed, NVC wasn't processing K-1 cases, all the work NVC was doing was done at the Embassies and Consulates. The Service Centers were sending case files directly to the Embassies and Consulates mostly by Diplomatic Pouch, a very slow process. To speed things up back then you could request a fax(cable) be sent ahead of the case file so the Embassies and Consulates could begin the process. I sent a written request to NSC to fax the file to Lagos(and the Consul General) immediatly upon approval(extremely politely with urgency). I know NSC faxed the file a couple days after it was approved because the Consulate gave us the original fax they received from NSC after Remi's interview was over(along with the original I-129F and all original correspondence from every stop all the way through the entire process). At that point NVC had just started doing the security checks and sending the case files to the Embassies and Consulates. Back then NVC generally couldn't find your file till many of us here on the board started faxing our Approval Notices to NVC and miraculously NVC would find it the same or next day. Coincidence? So I did get a little of the best of both parts, a speedy fax and the new speedier way to get the file to Lagos with the security checks already done. The case files are being sent by NVC through a courier service I think, so they get to the Embassies and Consulates pretty fast now days. I believe 10 days is a normal time for NVC to receive a case file so they should have it very quickly and they may already be processing it.
Hope this info helped.

And Yes Ruthann, I can relate, I do know what all the waiting feels like too, it's very painful. But hang in, your getting closer.

Jeff and Remi
Hi Guys!
The file got to NVC yesterday. (I called this morning) They said they will have it anywhere from two to four weeks. Then to Lagos. I don't know how long it will take to get to Lagos, but I'm going to start calling NVC this time next week to see if it's been sent yet. Once it has been sent I'm going to wait a week and then start mailing Lagos.

Hey Jeff~ Would you mind helping me come up with the email asking the consulate if Sunny can pick up his file instead of them mailing it???? I know you have to tred lightly where Lagos is concerned and since you have communicated with them before....

Thanks guys,
Ruthann