Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Confused about tax returns... HeLp

Wikiposts

Confused about tax returns... HeLp

Old Sep 18th 2010, 11:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about tax returns... HeLp

Originally Posted by kaki83
When she applied for my immigrant visa, the officer who took her application form told her that when i'd get my visa (hopefully!), she has to be with me the time i enter the United States.
The officer is wrong. Your wife must accompany you OR she must already be in the US ahead of you at the time you enter the US.

Ian
Old Sep 19th 2010, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

kaki83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The officer is wrong. Your wife must accompany you OR she must already be in the US ahead of you at the time you enter the US.

Ian
He asked her what she would do when I got the visa. She told him she would immediatly book us flights to the states. He told her that she had to be with me when I go to the states. Thats why she booked back a flight here to Jerusalem when I got my appointment day. We had thought that we would get the visa the same day, but unfortunatly the affidavit paper as u have read was not correct.
its been almost 5 months since the appointment day. now we are waiting for a reply for the new joint affidavit.
i want to email the counslet, do u think thats a good idea?
Old Sep 19th 2010, 7:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

i want to email the counslet, do u think thats a good idea?
Why would you email the Consulate? They aren't there to give you advice or the correct information. I gave you the correct information... but it's up to you whether or not to believe what I wrote. Your wife must either accompany you OR she must already be in the US when you arrive.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Sep 19th 2010 at 7:16 am.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Why would you email the Consulate? They aren't there to give you advice or the correct information. I gave you the correct information... but it's up to you whether or not to believe what I wrote. Your wife must either accompany you OR she must already be in the US when you arrive.

Ian
I do believe what information you have offered me. I do appriciate all your help too. What I meant about emailing the consulate was that to email them asking if they got the papers they asked for along with my case number. I have emailed them before asking what papers exaclty were needed and they were kind enough to email back with the info they wanted. I just dont want to email them about if they have made a decision, since i dont know if they will email back with a reply. I wanted to ask first for an opinion.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 8:47 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I sent in a new joint affidavit of support from my friend last week
I do believe what information you have offered me. I do appriciate all your help too. What I meant about emailing the consulate was that to email them asking if they got the papers they asked for along with my case number. I have emailed them before asking what papers exaclty were needed and they were kind enough to email back with the info they wanted. I just dont want to email them about if they have made a decision, since i dont know if they will email back with a reply. I wanted to ask first for an opinion.
IMO, it's too soon to email them asking for a result.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Well, me and my wife are considering that she goes back to the states until I get a reply as to if I get the visa or not. I asked an attourney here and he told me that everything looks positive for me. He asked if I had my finger prints taken and if I payed for the visa the day of the interview, and thats exactly what I did that day. They also made me swear an oath that I wasn't lieng about the information I gave them on the papers that day. So hopefully this new affiadvit goes thru.
SO, in your opinion, do you think sending my wife to the states now before I get a reply could effect my visa result??
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

SO, in your opinion, do you think sending my wife to the states now before I get a reply could effect my visa result??
In my opinion, no.

Rene
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:01 am
Account Closed

I agree with Rene... No, it won't have any effect on your visa.

Ian
Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:08 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Your wife did not apply for your immigrant visa, you did. What your wife did was petition (OK, apply) to have you recognized as her husband, thus qualifying you to apply for an immigrant visa.

Anyway, I was not with my wife when she entered the USA. I was here already in the USA waiting for her. So I can confirm from personal experience what the others have told you - the officer was wrong.

Regards, JEff

When she applied for my immigrant visa, the officer who took her application form told her that when i'd get my visa (hopefully!), she has to be with me the time i enter the United States.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

Anyway, I was not with my wife when she entered the USA. I was here already in the USA waiting for her. So I can confirm from personal experience what the others have told you - the officer was wrong.

Regards, JEff[/QUOTE]

Thankyou Jeff. Im glad i found these forums here online where i can ask questions and relive myself from so much stress.
We will see if she still wants to go or not. Ill give it another week. If no answer till then, she will go.