Wikiposts

Confused about AOS

Old Jan 31st 2004, 4:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about AOS

Matt,

That's not "AOS or EAD".

That's AOS, not AOS, or when to AOS. EAD is still an entirely different issue.

Thanks for clearing it up, though.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by mdaitc
Whether to:
a) apply for AOS (inc. EAD) now (and apply for AP) or
b) apply for EAD now and wait to apply for AOS to save getting AP when leaving the country. or
c) apply for EAD and go back to england when the I130 is approved.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Matt,

That's not "AOS or EAD".

That's AOS, not AOS, or when to AOS. EAD is still an entirely different issue.

Thanks for clearing it up, though.

Regards, JEff
ok, but one still has to apply for EAD with AOS in order to work, the I765 gets filed along with the I485 - i'm just confused as to which order is the best one.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 10:55 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Cacti:
Your comment about needing advance parole after filing an I-485 is NOT correct. Your K-3 is still valid and allows you multiple entries

Jeffreyhy:
Thing is, I've had one lawyer tell me he's had several K3 clients who've had the CIS tell them that their AOS was abandoned after traveling without AP. This can be fought and won, or re-apply for AOS, but at what cost in time, effort, and money?

So what gives? I have doubts as how to proceed with my AOS
Can someone enlight me??
Thanks!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Feb 1st 2004 at 11:00 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Cacti:
Your comment about needing advance parole after filing an I-485 is NOT correct. Your K-3 is still valid and allows you multiple entries

Jeffreyhy:
Thing is, I've had one lawyer tell me he's had several K3 clients who've had the CIS tell them that their AOS was abandoned after traveling without AP. This can be fought and won, or re-apply for AOS, but at what cost in time, effort, and money?

So what gives? I have doubts as how to proceed with my AOS
Can someone enlight me??
Thanks!

Bump - i'd really like to know too
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 2:55 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mdaitc
Bump - i'd really like to know too
It appears to be quite clear here:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/e...x.htm#Advanced

But, I think the problem is because of the relative newness of the K3. CIS officials may, as would be correct in the case of the K1, deem that you have abandoned your AOS if you travel without AP. In the case of a K3 this would be incorrect and you could appeal. Alternatively, you could use the AP as an insurance policy against the possibility of this happening. Ie, apply for AP in case a CIS official thinks you need it.

CB