Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Conditional Permanent Resident and Possible Seperation

Wikiposts

Conditional Permanent Resident and Possible Seperation

Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:35 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conditional Permanent Resident and Possible Seperation

Originally posted by ray6
Hi Matt.. got to jump in there...so you would say the following is total crap then. Ithink it is...
"To determne pre-conceived intent they use the 30/60/90 day rule-basicaly this measn that if you marry within 30 days fo enterng on a tourist visa there is a irrebuttable presumption of preconcoed intent/visa fraud, between 30 and 60 days fraud is presumed but can be overcome by evidence that you ahd no rpeconcieved intent-bewteen 60 and 90 days there has to be specific indiceses of preconceievd intent/fraud".
Yes Ray, when Paul brought this up as a magical loophole, I debated with him and could have done a better job of it back then (and the gist of my postings back then was that this was not a loophole that must be applied by the INS, and that the INS could still have problems with a case despite any 30/60 day rule). There "is" such a thing as the 30/60 day rule, and I had heard some AILA experts back then saying that even though this is not a rule applicable to the INS, that expert said she would certainly try bringing this up to an INS officer... give it a shot, if appropriate to do so. I've posted many times after that, that this rule does not apply to the USCIS. Heck, I still post corrections to that when I see it rear its ugly head.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!! and I totally agree it it wrong but this is why I get a bit annoyed at you sniping at us mere mortals..that was written by a Southern California Immigration lawyer less than 3 months ago on a different forum.. he has also written on this forum.. now I know people will take more notice of what a professional says that something that a person such as I would say.. But I still think your a good guy.. surely.. Just roll your eyes and correct our error as you always have done without the digs ...leave that to me...
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Yes!! and I totally agree it it wrong but this is why I get a bit annoyed at you sniping at us mere mortals..that was written by a Southern California Immigration lawyer less than 3 months ago on a different forum.. he has also written on this forum..
I'm not sure who that particular attorney may be, but the earliest 2 references to the 60-day notion in the alt.us.visa hierarchy (it is the "parent" to this group) both came from Immigration attorneys.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 2:23 am
Toni Petersen

Hi, It's very encouraging to hear stories of your friends. I have an
interview sccheduled on June 15 (Tuesday). My ex-husband and me jointly
filed I-751 petition of removal of condition green card in Sept. 2002.
But things didn't work out and we got divorced after then. Now I
received a letter from INS for an interview. I an very upset about this - I
was never told there is a need of an interview and it's even after 1.5
years of filing petition.

I wonder if I can go to the interview myself with my ex-husband's
affidavit stating bodafide married and how we got married.. and ended up
didn't work out (he wrote the letter already)?

Can you please ask around your friends who survived from the interview,
what I need to prepare for this and what are their suggestions?

Again, thanks for posting the message. I feel a bit of light in front
of me now. It's very encouraging.

Toni

LucyMO <member20158@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by Hypertweeky
    > > Hey Lucy
    > >
    > > I have
    > heard of a few people who succeed thru their removal of conditions
    > interview even though their marriage was over.
    > >
    >
    >
    > Guess what,
    > I have also heard of a few people who successfully waived Home Residency
    > Requirement, but also of many who didn't. Similar circumstances for
    > both sides.
    >
    > So, everything depends in this world.

Old Jun 13th 2004, 2:28 am
Toni Petersen

really, I am having this interview on June 15 (Tuesday).
But this interview scheduled even 1.5 after my jointly filing I-751.
It's rediculous!! We got married for 3.5 years and got divorced after
I-751 was filed. I don't know why they took so long.

My ex-husband did write an affidavit stating our bodafide married and
how we got married.. and ended up didn't work out (he wrote the letter
already). I wonder if it will work??

Do you know what your friends prepared to have survived from the
interviews? What are their suggestions?

Thanks for posting the message. It's very encouraging.

Toni

LucyMO <member20158@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by Hypertweeky
    > > Hey Lucy
    > >
    > > I have
    > heard of a few people who succeed thru their removal of conditions
    > interview even though their marriage was over.
    > >
    >
    >
    > Guess what,
    > I have also heard of a few people who successfully waived Home Residency
    > Requirement, but also of many who didn't. Similar circumstances for
    > both sides.
    >
    > So, everything depends in this world.