Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

conditional permanent resident has trouble at airport

conditional permanent resident has trouble at airport

Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:13 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: conditional permanent resident has trouble at airport

Originally Posted by LadyKat1974
Any news if they made it back into the US????
Poor sods they are probably sitting in secondary as I type, I was surprised how many people actually were there when I sat twidling my thumbs, the room was full.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:59 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi there:

Rule 9 is problematical. And sometimes, there are "interpretations" of exactly what it means. However, as immigration lawyers, we know that the powers that be often rely on "interpretation" rather than text e.g. "We interpret 'up' to mean 'down.'"

[Of course, my biggest pet peeve with CIS is their use of the code word "clear." They use it in in the sense of "invisible" when there is no authority to support their position. This is obscured by the normal use of the word in the sense of "obvious." But I digress].
[Note for lay(wo)men: Some sort of lawyer equivalent of a masonic handshake going on here, I believe.]
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
[Note for lay(wo)men: Some sort of lawyer equivalent of a masonic handshake going on here, I believe.]
Nah. More a discussion of Lewis Carroll. I think even the Supreme Court stated in a fairly recent immigration case about the law meaning what I says it means, nothing more, nothing less.

What makes you think that DHS doesn't often drive the immigration lawyers nuts?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:35 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
What makes you think that DHS doesn't often drive the immigration lawyers nuts?
Nah! DHS is your bread and butter.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:58 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone ever hear from these folk did they make it back in always wondered what happened.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of

Your guess is as good as mine....I sure would hate to be in their position.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by LadyKat1974
Your guess is as good as mine....I sure would hate to be in their position.
I guess its one of those things we will never know
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

I've been waiting with baited breath for an update!

I too would've hated to be in their position.

My guess though, is that their return was not smooth and into some hot water, they got.

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I guess its one of those things we will never know
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by janadeen
I've been waiting with baited breath for an update!

I too would've hated to be in their position.

My guess though, is that their return was not smooth and into some hot water, they got.
I tried another plan of attack lol and that was to email them via the profile option but it is blocked not excepting them.

But they managed to post from Barbados in the 1st place, never mind it would of been interesting to know.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I tried another plan of attack lol and that was to email them via the profile option but it is blocked not excepting them.

But they managed to post from Barbados in the 1st place, never mind it would of been interesting to know.
I still wonder what happened....
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by AlienUk
I still wonder what happened....
You know I don't dwell on threads but this one was intriguing, maybe they are still there at the Airport
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I see that the OP's user profile shows that they haven't been logged in here since 14th Feb.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

37 chitchat posts moved to Barbados to Yorkshire, don't ask how
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
37 chitchat posts moved to Barbados to Yorkshire, don't ask how
Sorry...we were bored...it's a slow night. What can I say?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sorry...we were bored...it's a slow night. What can I say?
Get back to the office.. it's still working hours out here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.