Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

conditional permanent resident has trouble at airport

Wikiposts

conditional permanent resident has trouble at airport

Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:00 am
Just Joined

nicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nice
Exclamation Re: conditional permanent resident has trouble at airport

I think this is potentially far more problematic. I had a client come to me a year ago from France that was in this situation. AOS was approved, but no I-551 stamped. They left the country in the meantime. EAD was approved. The Consul was suggesting that they had abandoned the AOS as he had no AP. I ended up having to get Congressional muscle along with an AILA liaison officer to both CIS and DOS to get them back.

Just be careful.

Ted

Last edited by Sue; Feb 14th 2008 at 8:09 am. Reason: URL removed please take the time to read the site rules, particularly rule 9.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: conditional permanent resident has trouble at airport

Originally Posted by nicholseberth
I think this is potentially far more problematic. I had a client come to me a year ago from France that was in this situation. AOS was approved, but no I-551 stamped. They left the country in the meantime. EAD was approved. The Consul was suggesting that they had abandoned the AOS as he had no AP. I ended up having to get Congressional muscle along with an AILA liaison officer to both CIS and DOS to get them back.

Just be careful.

Ted
Hi Ted!
Welcome to the group.. I hope you'll give us a little intro thread/post soon! I've guessed from reading that you're an immigration attorney? I'm sure you'll have a lot of unique experiences like above to share with us.. I look forward to them.

And, I hope the OP of this thread is looking.. and pays attention to your addition here!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I've guessed from reading that you're an immigration attorney?
Seems to be: http://www.michiganattorney.com/immigration.htm.

Ian
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:14 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Ian[/QUOTE]

Good work Sherlock

And welcome Ted

Last edited by Poppy girl; Feb 14th 2008 at 1:32 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Seems to be: <snip>
Ian
Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Good work Sherlock

And welcome Ted
Looks as though Sue's removed the url in his previous post...quoting Rule 9. If you look through his past posts it's not the first time he's tried to advertise his company and Sue's removed the URL.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 14th 2008 at 1:19 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Looks as though Sue's removed the url in his previous post...quoting Rule 9. If you look through his past posts it's not the first time he's tried to advertise his company and Sue's removed the URL.
All of his posts were on the same day, and mostly at the same time.

I suspect he simply put the URL in each of them, and then Sue removed them all - don't you think that's likely?

And yes - Hi Ted, and welcome.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
All of his posts were on the same day, and mostly at the same time.

I suspect he simply put the URL in each of them, and then Sue removed them all - don't you think that's likely?

And yes - Hi Ted, and welcome.
haha... how many sherlocks do we have on here? Well Advertise he did, and it was picked up and now we know what he is, where he lives, where he works, and probably what size shoe he wears, oh yes and not forgetting... HIS OCCUPATION. Every little helps is all I can say. The more the merrier, and its even better when someone adds their tuppance worth who knows what they are doing, (or supposed to anyway).

And he is only based about 20 mins from my front door!!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
haha... how many sherlocks do we have on here? Well Advertise he did, and it was picked up and now we know what he is, where he lives, where he works, and probably what size shoe he wears, oh yes and not forgetting... HIS OCCUPATION. Every little helps is all I can say. The more the merrier, and its even better when someone adds their tuppance worth who knows what they are doing, (or supposed to anyway).

And he is only based about 20 mins from my front door!!
Nothing is safe from the BE investigators

Gonna go pay the man a visit - and check out his show size?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 3:34 am
Just Joined

nicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nicenicholseberth is just really nice

Yes, I am, in fact, an immigration attorney; however that fact certainly does not mean that I know any more about this than you do necessarily. This forum is a wealth of information for people going through the process. The specific examples provided are far more detailed than any book, treatise or statute. Over 80% of immigration is discretionary in my opinion and thus the more real life examples you have in the form of experience or, alternatively, in the form of being on forums such as this or AILA's immlog, the better one can guide a client. Many of the answers that I have seen on this forum are spot on and it is nice to see everyone helping each other out. I used such a forum when I married my wife in 1995 (I had just started law school) so I think it is good to give back.

I apologise for my violating Rule 9. I shall not do that again.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, I am, in fact, an immigration attorney; however that fact certainly does not mean that I know any more about this than you do necessarily. This forum is a wealth of information for people going through the process. The specific examples provided are far more detailed than any book, treatise or statute. Over 80% of immigration is discretionary in my opinion and thus the more real life examples you have in the form of experience or, alternatively, in the form of being on forums such as this or AILA's immlog, the better one can guide a client. Many of the answers that I have seen on this forum are spot on and it is nice to see everyone helping each other out. I used such a forum when I married my wife in 1995 (I had just started law school) so I think it is good to give back.

Hi.

Apparently you are allowed to put something in your signature, if you like without violating the rule - here is an example of a post by another immigration attorney.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...64&postcount=5

Glad you have you join us - I have found the forum invaluable, even though we had an attorney for our K-1.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE nicholseberth.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
haha... how many sherlocks do we have on here? Well Advertise he did, and it was picked up and now we know what he is, where he lives, where he works, and probably what size shoe he wears, oh yes and not forgetting... HIS OCCUPATION. !!
and his pic...need to get rid of the face hair though ...lol
http://www.michiganattorney.com/waltersprof.htm
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:55 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there:

Rule 9 is problematical. And sometimes, there are "interpretations" of exactly what it means. However, as immigration lawyers, we know that the powers that be often rely on "interpretation" rather than text e.g. "We interpret 'up' to mean 'down.'"

[Of course, my biggest pet peeve with CIS is their use of the code word "clear." They use it in in the sense of "invisible" when there is no authority to support their position. This is obscured by the normal use of the word in the sense of "obvious." But I digress].
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:34 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
But I digress].
Nah!! never !!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of

Any news if they made it back into the US????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.