conditional permanent resident has trouble at airport

conditional permanent resident has trouble at airport

Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

dnicolel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: conditional permanent resident has trouble at airport

Originally Posted by Manc
so?
So surely that would indicate that he is allowed to travel?
Thanks for the helpful, eloquent answer
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:56 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dnicolel
no problem
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

dnicolel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
no problem
I'm guessing that stringing that many words together would be a problem for you!

I'm also guessing that you wouldn't consider how stressful this is for us right now.

peace out
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:07 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing that stringing that many words together would be a problem for you!

I'm also guessing that you wouldn't consider how stressful this is for us right now.

peace out
look, it's a shitty situation, granted.

but who's fault is it?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is what it says under the AOS case online;

Receipt Number: MSC0**********

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 3, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
Print that out and take it with you to show at the POE. Expect to be taken to secondary for more questioning.

He really wasn't supposed to leave the USA without an I-551 stamp or a green card in hand (if he was a PR), or an AP document (if he was not a PR).

Just bring all the proof you can that his case was approved, and be very polite with the POE officers. Please let us know how it went.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

the interviewing officer wouldn't stamp his passport as she said no decision had been made at that time and a card would be sent to our house within 6 weeks. This card turned up with a "Welcome to america....." letter. The card is titled Employment Authorisation Card. At the time it all fitted together time wise and as he had been unemployed for nearly 5 months we were just happy he could work.
This is, as far as we remember all the documentation we have ever received
Hi:

Was the card in the same envelope as the "welcome to america" letter? I think not.

You say the card is entitled "Employment Authorization Card" [by the way, DHS has this funny habit of using American spelling.] There should be a fairly prominent line at the BOTTOM of the face of the card right in the middle. In fact, it is pretty prominent!

Make a trip to the American embassy with the things you have including the internet print out and see about getting a travel letter. Don't hesitate to cry, and say the tears in your eyes when you received the "welcome to America" letter caused you to think the EAD was the green card, and you were so, so excited, you failed to read the thing.

Have a good attitude, be self-deprecatory and try to get them to join in the laughter. Do it ASAP.

Good luck.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Print that out and take it with you to show at the POE. Expect to be taken to secondary for more questioning.

He really wasn't supposed to leave the USA without an I-551 stamp or a green card in hand (if he was a PR), or an AP document (if he was not a PR).

Just bring all the proof you can that his case was approved, and be very polite with the POE officers. Please let us know how it went.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Hi Rene:

Before reaching the POE, one has to be allowed to get on the airplane first. They let a person on without proper docs, the airline gets fined $3,000 AND they have to take him out of the country.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
There should be a fairly prominent line at the BOTTOM of the face of the card right in the middle. In fact, it is pretty prominent!
You made me go look at the photocopy of Sadegh's old EAD card! As much as I had looked at that card, I never noticed that line! But you're right, there it is, very prominent indeed!

Rene
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:34 pm

Hi Rene:

Before reaching the POE, one has to be allowed to get on the airplane first. They let a person on without proper docs, the airline gets fined $3,000 AND they have to take him out of the country.
Ah, I never thought of the difficulty just getting on the plane!

Rene
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

Was the card in the same envelope as the "welcome to america" letter? I think not.

You say the card is entitled "Employment Authorization Card" [by the way, DHS has this funny habit of using American spelling.] There should be a fairly prominent line at the BOTTOM of the face of the card right in the middle. In fact, it is pretty prominent!

Make a trip to the American embassy with the things you have including the internet print out and see about getting a travel letter. Don't hesitate to cry, and say the tears in your eyes when you received the "welcome to America" letter caused you to think the EAD was the green card, and you were so, so excited, you failed to read the thing.

Have a good attitude, be self-deprecatory and try to get them to join in the laughter. Do it ASAP.

Good luck.
Wow, quite a bizarro situation indeed. I'd take Folinskyinla's advice... good luck wishes to you both!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:33 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

An email is NOT a sufficient travel document.

I totally agree with MrF's answer.. you need to get these folks to help you & it will help if you win them over.

Here's the contact info, but you may have to make an appointment to get in? Look for the American Citizen Services hours.

http://barbados.usembassy.gov/visas_to_us.html
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by meauxna
An email is NOT a sufficient travel document.

I totally agree with MrF's answer.. you need to get these folks to help you & it will help if you win them over.

Here's the contact info, but you may have to make an appointment to get in? Look for the American Citizen Services hours.

http://barbados.usembassy.gov/visas_to_us.html
Hi:

I'm not exactly sure how this would play out -- you really don't want to go through the whole visa process. I know that it is possible to get a DHS travel letter allowing the carrier to bring the person to the US without penalty. The only places I have ever done though have been at Embassies with DHS offices. It has been a long time, but I think they wanted the filing of an I-90. [which could not be done on line then].
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:51 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

I'm not exactly sure how this would play out -- you really don't want to go through the whole visa process. I know that it is possible to get a DHS travel letter allowing the carrier to bring the person to the US without penalty. The only places I have ever done though have been at Embassies with DHS offices. It has been a long time, but I think they wanted the filing of an I-90. [which could not be done on line then].
Oh yes, didn't mean to imply that they'd want to get a new visa, but that page is the first one that had the contact info on it.

I wonder if the Visa Officer can arrange a travel letter?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:54 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think its the actual arrival in at the POE thats going to be the problem I have been sent to secondary myself and they have every last detail on file believe me, or at the worst they will make a call whilst you sit and wait.

Its the getting on the damn plane in Barbados that is the concern there again if there is a problem immigration in Barbados may check you out make some calls and put you on a later flight.

I would have the welcome to the US FedEx'd to you over night it can't do any harm.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Feb 14th 2008 at 4:57 am.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh yes, didn't mean to imply that they'd want to get a new visa, but that page is the first one that had the contact info on it.

I wonder if the Visa Officer can arrange a travel letter?
Further thought -- Freeport, Bahamas has pre-flight inspection which is a DHS function.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.