Reload this Page >

A complicated I130 application

A complicated I130 application

Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:27 am
Just Joined

virginiadare is on a distinguished road
Default A complicated I130 application

Hi,

I have been reading all the posts on the website and am getting together a plan for myself and my husband to file for a CR-1 visa for me.

First of all we are in the UK and want to try DCF at the US embassy in London. We fully aware that seeing he will only have been in the country for a year at the time of filing we will probably be bumped to a US visa processing centre. Here is where the questions start. We will fill in a I130 and all the associated forms inlcuding one that is an affidavit of support. Now we are wanting to travel extentsivley around Europe during the months of June-October so neither of us will be in full time employment. We have plenty of money in our UK bank accounts...even after the travels. Is this enough for the affidavit of support or is it better if he has a job. Also. If we start the application in June and it is bumped to a USA centre is it ok for my husband to be outside of the USA until october? He plans to return there and start back at his old job which is waiting for him then.

I also am wondering about the police certificate that I have to get from the UK police. Some people have said it can take up to 40 days to recieve. Would it be better if I applied for that now? Will it still be valid in June or do they have an expiry date?

Any input would help!