Completed!

Old Dec 3rd 2016, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Famous Mortimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Completed!

Well, I got my passport approved, and I'm good to go. Just wrapping up my life in the UK, selling all my stuff, selling my house, and then I'm off, probably in the middle of January.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's given me help or support in one of my many questions on here. And to those of you going through the process, don't build up the final interview too much. As long as you've got all your paperwork sorted, there's really nothing to it.

Not sure I'll ever get used to saying dollars instead of quid, and I'll miss brown sauce, but so be it.
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 4:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Completed!

Congratulations!

Rene
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 5:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and you can get brown sauce in the US. Go to the international aisle in the supermarket. It would be in the Irish section.
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 6:21 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Famous Mortimer
and I'll miss brown sauce
That is what amazon.com is for. HP Sauce, Heinz baked beans and other UK goodies. Bit more expensive then the UK but obtainable.

Plenty of other online places to buy UK stuff from as well. Just ask.

Last edited by lansbury; Dec 3rd 2016 at 6:24 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! With that said, the journey is really about to begin
Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! I'm taking a bunch of HP with me, as the missus has developed a fondness for it too
Old Dec 5th 2016, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

shrinkydinkydoo is an unknown quantity at this point

That's fantastic news! I'm so happy for you!
Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Famous Mortimer
Well, I got my passport approved, and I'm good to go. ....
Congratulations.
..... And to those of you going through the process, don't build up the final interview too much. As long as you've got all your paperwork sorted, there's really nothing to it. ....
We keep telling people that, but they never seem to believe us ahead of their interview, and I am sorry to say, they won't believe you either!
Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Congratulations. We keep telling people that, but they never seem to believe us ahead of their interview, and I am sorry to say, they won't believe you either!
It's better not to even call it an interview. More like a document check.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
It's better not to even call it an interview. More like a document check.
I agree. If stuff is in line then a few questions/small talk and a paper shuffle is generally what I read (and personally experienced, albeit with a different visa)
Old Dec 7th 2016, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
I agree. If stuff is in line then a few questions/small talk and a paper shuffle is generally what I read (and personally experienced, albeit with a different visa)
I was very nervous going in for sure, because until I heard "Congratulations, your visa is approved" I couldn't be certain that our plans were going to come to fruition. That being said, the reassurances I've had on the BE forum helped massively, and in the end it was very straightforward
Old Dec 7th 2016, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pugilation
I was very nervous going in for sure, because until I heard "Congratulations, your visa is approved" I couldn't be certain that our plans were going to come to fruition. That being said, the reassurances I've had on the BE forum helped massively, and in the end it was very straightforward
Oh definitely, it certainly doesn't help lessen the enormity of the decision