British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Closure (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/closure-710600/)

sir_eccles Mar 23rd 2011 9:32 pm

Closure

Is it just me or does anyone else get really disappointed with the lack of closure from some of the wild postings by strange folk wanting to move to the US.

Did the pool cleaning business work out?
Were they turned away at the border?
Was the dog impounded?
Did whatever crazy scheme work?
Did they show us and become famous despite what Simon Cowell said about their singing?

Ooops, that last one slipped in. I need closure dammit!!

Poppy girl Mar 23rd 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Closure

Originally Posted by sir_eccles (Post 9260330)
Is it just me or does anyone else get really disappointed with the lack of closure from some of the wild postings by strange folk wanting to move to the US.

Was the dog impounded?
Did they show us and become famous despite what Simon Cowell said about their singing?

Yes it sure does and I think its rude to be honest when some folk get all in a fluff or really need to hear from like minded folk, and what do they do absorb all the info or totally refuse to believe the truth and never come back to tell the tale for others to learn by......hope their plots all failed and their bottoms became invested in bumble bees
:lol:

Weeze Mar 23rd 2011 9:38 pm

I was just thinking this the other day. Some of them get left on such hangers.

lansbury Mar 23rd 2011 9:41 pm

I assumed they just never posted to acknowledge that people on here were right, and they were still stuck back in the UK.

You would think if they proved the knowledge base on here wrong, human nature being what it is, they would post to boast about it.

Macca67 Mar 23rd 2011 10:04 pm

Was the dog impounded?

Nope. Majority are fantasists.

meauxna Mar 23rd 2011 10:36 pm

Do I? Do I ever!

Manc Mar 23rd 2011 10:52 pm

hells no. I ended up in akron.

Thydney Mar 23rd 2011 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 9260496)
hells no. I ended up in akron.

Me too I got a green card then had to leave and am now stuck in a sh ithole

Mummy in the foothills Mar 23rd 2011 11:08 pm

I wonder if that couple in Hawaii ever applied for AOS wasn't she wanting to do it without being responsible for him financially?

Sally Redux Mar 24th 2011 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9260522)
I wonder if that couple in Hawaii ever applied for AOS wasn't she wanting to do it without being responsible for him financially?

Oh I was just wondering about them yesterday!

meauxna Mar 24th 2011 12:16 am

Shhh.. they are still active on the forums.

Sally Redux Mar 24th 2011 12:20 am

Of course this is the greatest example of closure:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214687

candy wy. Mar 24th 2011 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9260653)
Of course this is the greatest example of closure:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214687

yep they lived happily ever after ;)

N1cky Mar 24th 2011 1:35 am

and where do all the people who have been active on here get off on just leaving. You could at least tell us why you're not coming here anymore.

Someone also just moved here on hubby's L and then he was made redundant just after they arrived, what happened?:curse:

AmerLisa Mar 24th 2011 1:42 am

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 9260762)
and where do all the people who have been active on here get off on just leaving. You could at least tell us why you're not coming here anymore.

Someone also just moved here on hubby's L and then he was made redundant just after they arrived, what happened?:curse:

Yeah!