Cleveland office and AOS

Cleveland office and AOS

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 8:46 am
I love my sailor.

Marjeta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cleveland office and AOS

Originally posted by dhabud
Hi All,

I will be joining the list of ppl waiting for AOS asi am applying for AOS , EAD this week. Also since my F-1 work permit as well as Liscence is expring in March 2004.

Could you post your AOS, EAD timelines. Also could you all, please post your I-797 dates as well as your mailing dates.

One more question, will Akron, Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehilcle renew liscence based on I-797 NOA.

Please reply. I appreciate your reponses

Sincerely
Dhabud
Hi,

I applied for AOS in January 2003 and I'm still waiting for my interview. I got my EAD appointment about 30 days after applying for it.

I am not familiar with the F-1 work permit. I am also unsure of what you mean by I-797 dates. I did not get an I-797 when I applied for AOS. So which NOA are you talking about?

Usually an EAD is sufficient to renew your license. Again, I don't know which NOA (I-797) you're talking about. They may issue a new license if it is a NOA for the adjustment of status. But as far as I know Cleveland doesn't issue them.
I suppose it is best to ask the BMV, since they think of something new every time you go there.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

dhabud is an unknown quantity at this point

By I-797 i meant, the NOA. I-797=NOA From your reponse i understand that they dont issue this NOA.

Thanks for your Promt reply

Dhabud
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 10:37 am
Just Joined

juliep is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dhabud
By I-797 i meant, the NOA. I-797=NOA From your reponse i understand that they dont issue this NOA.

Thanks for your Promt reply

Dhabud
The Cleveland Field Office does not send out an Official I-797. They send out a fill in the balnk generic form giving you a receipt date and what they have received from you. We mailed our packet for AOS in July 17ish, 2002 and received our receipt notice on August 30, 2002. The fact that the Cleveland Field Office does not send out an official I-797 was our whole problem during our K-3 Visa process. That was the reason for my RFE from the MSC/NBC. Eventually, MSC/NBC requested our whole packet from the Cleveland Office to verify the I-130. Finally after receiving that, our K-3 was approved. I just found out also that the NVC has already sent the info to the Consulate!
Old Feb 6th 2004, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

dhabud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Leanne

Any Updates on your AOS/EAD with cleveland?

Dhabud