CIS fees to go up

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:34 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CIS fees to go up

Hi:

AILA has obtained an advance copy of a proposed regulation with the proposal to be published in the 3Feb04 Federal Register -- with a proposal to increase the filing fees --

I-485 will go up by $65.00
I-129F, I-130 will go up by $55.00
FP fee will go up by $20.00

Reasons given -- further support for refugee/asylum, military naturalizations [they have now been exempted from fees] and general cost of living.

The FR posting will have the comment address in it.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:39 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIS fees to go up

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
*Phew* glad I filed all of that stuff already! What's the "FP" by the way? I still have to file for my AP so I hope that doesn't go up.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:42 am
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

AILA has obtained an advance copy of a proposed regulation with the proposal to be published in the 3Feb04 Federal Register -- with a proposal to increase the filing fees --

Reasons given -- further support for refugee/asylum, military naturalizations [they have now been exempted from fees] and general cost of living.

Doh, that's what we get for putting it off hehe. FP = Fingerprinting fee?
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:53 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Steffi,

I don't know what FP is, but FR - which is what Folinskyinla wrote (granted, he's notorious for typos) - is the Federal Register. He used the full term early in his post.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Steffi
*Phew* glad I filed all of that stuff already! What's the "FP" by the way? I still have to file for my AP so I hope that doesn't go up.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:03 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kae
Doh, that's what we get for putting it off hehe. FP = Fingerprinting fee?
That would make sense...thanks!

And from my interpretation I think the fees haven't gone up YET? So you could still go for it before they go up.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:10 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Steffi,

I don't know what FP is, but FR - which is what Folinskyinla wrote (granted, he's notorious for typos) - is the Federal Register. He used the full term early in his post.

Regards, JEff
"FP fee" is for Fingerprinting.

The reference to "FR" was to the Federal Register.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:13 am
Andy Platt

FP = fingerprinting.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here, it's just your warped imagination
"jeffreyhy" <member184@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Steffi,
    > I don't know what FP is, but FR - which is what Folinskyinla
    > wrote (granted, he's notorious for typos) - is the Federal Register. He
    > used the full term early in his post.
    > Regards, JEff
    > Originally posted by Steffi
    > *Phew* glad I filed all of
    > that stuff already! What's the "FP" by the way? I still have to file for
    > my AP so I hope that doesn't go up.
    > --
    > Of course, the Internet also tells us that hot naked women want to
befriend us, so we can't be 100% sure about everything we read there. (Dave
Barry)
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:22 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

That would make sense...thanks!

And from my interpretation I think the fees haven't gone up YET? So you could still go for it before they go up.
I have to hurry up then!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:54 am
K1 via London

Since it's only a proposal does that mean it's likely to pass? And if it will pass, when is it likely to take effect?
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:18 am
Account Closed

Since it's only a proposal does that mean it's likely to pass? And if it will pass, when is it likely to take effect?
Hi:

The promulgation of regulations is NOT legislation -- it does not need to be "passed." However, the general rule for regulations is that a proposed regulation is issued with a 30 day commnet period. The proposal has such a comment period which will be 30 days from publication in the Federal Register.

Once the comments are reviewed and CIS decides to go forward with this, a "final rule" is issued with a delayed effective date of 30 days unless there is a lawful reason to not delay it.

So, if things move at light speed -- you're looking at 61 days from tomorrow.

BTW, advance parole will go from $110 to $165.00
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:31 am
K1 via London

So, if things move at light speed -- you're looking at 61 days from tomorrow.

BTW, advance parole will go from $110 to $165.00
Well I need to file for AP before 61 days anyway. We're looking at traveling at the end of May, so I figured I should send the AP off this month. Thanks for letting me know that's going up as well though! Considering my AOS probably won't go through for another 2/2.5 years I'll have to pay that fee eventually if I cant to travel again, but if I can avoid it for now then I definitely will.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

That sucks big time. Rugees, unlike the spouses of USC, can collect welfare, medicaid/medicare, food stamps, subsidized housing and we still have to float their petitions with our monies. Plus they usually wind up in court and require attroneys and those attorneys are paid through our tax dollars.

As my husband use to say, if he came across Lake Champaign in a row boat could he claim refugee status as he felt he was being persecuted by the Quebecois?

Hey ladies and gentleman, think it is about time that we start a letter writing campaign to all our political Misrepresentatives in both houses and at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Rete
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 8:01 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by Rete
That sucks big time. Rugees, unlike the spouses of USC, can collect welfare, medicaid/medicare, food stamps, subsidized housing and we still have to float their petitions with our monies. Plus they usually wind up in court and require attroneys and those attorneys are paid through our tax dollars.

As my husband use to say, if he came across Lake Champaign in a row boat could he claim refugee status as he felt he was being persecuted by the Quebecois?

Hey ladies and gentleman, think it is about time that we start a letter writing campaign to all our political Misrepresentatives in both houses and at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Rete
Hi Rete:

ALL removal cases before the Immigration Judge have DHS attorney's appearing for the government.

I'm not awere of how these attorney's are paid. Are you saying that they are paid from the general fund [e.g. taxpayers]?

I'm curious what you prefer -- that the asylee/refugees be funded from the taxpayers or by user fees? I'm having trouble figureing out which one you prefer. It is an interesting philosophical argument on who should bear the cost.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 8:03 am
Andy Platt

In general I believe that refugees should be able to get more assistance
than those sponsored by family members or employers. What irks me is that
congress thinks it's fair to saddle other immigrants with their bill rather
than general tax payers. Last I heard it was America welcoming the poor and
hungry, not their fellow immigrants!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here, it's just your warped imagination
"Rete" <member167@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Folinskyinla
    > > Hi:
    > >
    > > AILA has
    > obtained an advance copy of a proposed regulation with the proposal to
    > be published in the 3Feb04 Federal Register -- with a proposal to
    > increase the filing fees --
    > >
    > > I-485 will go up by $65.00
    > > I-129F,
    > I-130 will go up by $55.00
    > > FP fee will go up by $20.00
    > >
    > > Reasons
    > given -- further support for refugee/asylum, military naturalizations
    > [they have now been exempted from fees] and general cost of living.
    > >
    > > The FR posting will have the comment address in it.
    > That
    > sucks big time. Rugees, unlike the spouses of USC, can collect
    > welfare, medicaid/medicare, food stamps, subsidized housing and we
    > still have to float their petitions with our monies. Plus they
    > usually wind up in court and require attroneys and those attorneys are
    > paid through our tax dollars.
    > As my husband use to say, if he came
    > across Lake Champaign in a row boat could he claim refugee status as he
    > felt he was being persecuted by the Quebecois?
    > Hey ladies and
    > gentleman, think it is about time that we start a letter writing
    > campaign to all our political Misrepresentatives in both houses and at
    > 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
    > Rete
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Andy Platt
What irks me is that congress thinks it's fair to saddle other immigrants with their bill rather than general tax payers. Last I heard it was America welcoming the poor and hungry, not their fellow immigrants!
Andy.
Hear, hear, Andy. We pay high enough fees already. But I see no one has mentioned military naturalizations being free. Just because they are military does not mean they should get special treatment. What makes them so different from anyone else who is trying to be reunited with their loved one? They are Americans who fell in love with foreigners, same as we have. I don't find that fair at all, but I reckon you have to look at life as not being fair.

Jamie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.