Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Check list for DCF I-130

Wikiposts

Check list for DCF I-130

Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Check list for DCF I-130

Originally Posted by SouthCoast77
Thanks Rene, he should be suitable to sponsor us then.
There is no "us". Your wife doesn't need a sponsor. Your BIL will be a joint sponsor.

I'm not trying to harp on the issue, but terminology is important (for you as well as for future readers) and you need to get the concepts sorted.

Ian
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:52 am
Just Joined

SouthCoast77 is an unknown quantity at this point

No thanks for pointing it out Ian. My wife will be my sponsor and my BIL, joint sponsor.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Just to clarify, if I have roughly 20.000 USD in savings and my Brother in Law is my joint sponsor and earns the required amount, will that be enough financial support for my visa to be approved?

Thanks

Chris
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 11:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify, if I have roughly 20.000 USD in savings and my Brother in Law is my joint sponsor and earns the required amount, will that be enough financial support for my visa to be approved?

Thanks

Chris
Your own savings and your joint sponsor's income cannot be joined together to meet the requirements. One or the other of you has to qualify independently.

If your joint sponsor earns over the required amount, your savings no longer come into the scenario at all.

If your joint sponsor does not earn over the required amount, or does not have enough assets (of his own) to make up the difference, then you need to find a different joint sponsor.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2011, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Thanks Rene, that's great.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Hi Rene, I have another question I still have a social security number from when I worked in the US on a J1 student visa from 2006. Should I include it on the I-130 and G-325 form?

Thanks

Chris
Old Jan 8th 2012, 3:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Should I include it on the I-130 and G-325 form?
If the forms ask for it, yes... otherwise, no.

Ian
Old Jan 8th 2012, 4:06 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

As a general rule, a Social Security Number is for life. Also, it is the closest thing to a National ID number that the US has.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 4:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rene, I have another question I still have a social security number from when I worked in the US on a J1 student visa from 2006. Should I include it on the I-130 and G-325 form?

Thanks

Chris
Yes.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all the replies, I guess I'll include it. Just waiting for the Joint sponsor to fill out the I-864 then we are going to file the I-130
Old Jan 8th 2012, 9:41 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you waiting?

Regards, JEff
Old Jan 8th 2012, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Just waiting for the Joint sponsor to fill out the I-864 then we are going to file the I-130
Yes... why wait? You won't need the I-864 until your interview.

Ian
Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Sorry to confuse people, we are waiting as the BIL is a bit unreliable! I want to have all the documents ready for the full visa before we sent off the first part I-130.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:23 am
Account Closed

I want to have all the documents ready for the full visa before we sent off the first part I-130.
I think we all understand that... but the interview won't be for 4 or so months after you send the I-130. If your BIL can't manage to get it to you before then, I suggest you find someone else.

At any rate, it's your choice.

Ian
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:46 am
Just Joined

Yes I know I am looking into other sponsors at the moment, but only have a few! I am very eager to start the process. The weather in Manchester is depressing me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.