Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Changed residences before K-1 approval

Changed residences before K-1 approval

Old May 18th 2002, 9:20 pm
Brian Root

Default Changed residences before K-1 approval

About two weeks before the successful K-1 interview a couple of days ago I had to
rent and move to a new apartment.All of this to move about two blocks down the same
street!! My questions are 1. Do I need to notify the INS? 2. If so what forms are
required and where do I mail these forms. 3. We are going to see about getting her
and her son a social security card immediately....should I use the new address on the
SS-5 application?? Thanks in advance for your help. Mr. Travel......I know you are
out there somewhere

Old May 18th 2002, 10:20 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: Changed residences before K-1 approval

The USC doesn't need to tell INS anything. The immigrant would. This can be done
at the POE.

Michael

Brian Root wrote:
    >
    > About two weeks before the successful K-1 interview a couple of days ago I had to
    > rent and move to a new apartment.All of this to move about two blocks down the same
    > street!! My questions are 1. Do I need to notify the INS? 2. If so what forms are
    > required and where do I mail these forms. 3. We are going to see about getting her
    > and her son a social security card immediately....should I use the new address on
    > the SS-5 application?? Thanks in advance for your help. Mr. Travel......I know you
    > are out there somewhere

Old May 19th 2002, 1:20 am
Gavin.McCormack

Hi,

On this topic I have a quick question aswell then. Sorry to butt in. My faince (US
Citizen) has had her address changed. Now I got my K1 visa a while ago and plan to
travel at the end of this month. Now we kept the original address for all forms prior
to K1 to avoid problems and had decided to notify the new address at AOS. The weird
thing is that her new address is the SAME house. It was done by some 911 system.
Apparently, in order to put her address on the 911 mapping sytem network, they gave
her house a totally new address....including number and street name. I have a sheet
of paper from the 911 people notifying of this change of address...but no explanation
as to why. My question is.....should I notify POE about this...and secondly will they
be really suspicious of this. It is toally genuine and was out of our control
completely. The original address still gets mail delivered to it for one year after
the change, and is still a valid address till that point...so what advice does anyone
have...I don't want this to end up being a problem.

Thanks G

mrtravel <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > The USC doesn't need to tell INS anything. The immigrant would. This can be done at
    > the POE.
    >
    > Michael
    >
    > Brian Root wrote:
    > >
    > > About two weeks before the successful K-1 interview a couple of days ago
I
    > > had to rent and move to a new apartment.All of this to move about two
blocks
    > > down the same street!! My questions are 1. Do I need to notify the INS?
    > > If so what forms are required and where do I mail these forms. 3. We are going to
    > > see about getting her and her son a social security card immediately....should I
    > > use the new address on the SS-5 application??
Thanks
    > > in advance for your help. Mr. Travel......I know you are out there somewhere

Old May 19th 2002, 1:20 am
Mrtravel

"gavin.mccormack" wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > On this topic I have a quick question aswell then. Sorry to butt in. My faince (US
    > Citizen) has had her address changed. Now I got my K1 visa a while ago and plan to
    > travel at the end of this month. Now we kept the original address for all forms
    > prior to K1 to avoid problems and had decided to notify the new address at AOS.

The new address should be given at the POE.

Michael