Reload this Page >

Change of employer in UK - Work Permit query

Change of employer in UK - Work Permit query

Old Jan 20th 2003, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

sbasak is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Change of employer in UK - Work Permit query

Hi

I'm presently working in UK on work permit. However, my employer pays me only one third of money which it gets from the client for whom I work.

My question is, if I get a job in another UK company and that company is willing to sponsor a new work permit for me, is it possible that my current employer prevent me from changing job?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Feb 6th 2003, 2:15 pm
39 Putney High Street

Visa Office is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Work Permit

Dear Sbasak:

Your current employer should not be in a position to prohibit you from seeking new employment.

Your prospective new employer will need to apply for a new Work Permit in order for you to be able to work for them. The 'new' employer will need to provide evidence that they have advertised the position in relevant media such as broadsheet newspaper, and provide valid reasons as to why you are the only suitable person for the position.

We can assist both you and your prospective employer. For further details please do visit our website at www.valuevisas.com
or email [email protected] for further free advice.

Our Visa Office ('Value Visas Ltd') is located at 39 Putney High Street, London, SW15 1SP.

Last edited by Visa Office; Nov 17th 2003 at 7:55 am.