change of address

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

PeteJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default change of address

Just wanted to get some feedback on the correct way to file a change of address. I am waiting for my AOS interview from K-1.
I am going through Charlotte, NC.
I know I need to file the AR-11 form to the address in KY, do I also need to let my district office know? If so, What is the "correct" way to do this?

Thanks

Pete
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

FL2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: change of address

Originally posted by PeteJ
Just wanted to get some feedback on the correct way to file a change of address. I am waiting for my AOS interview from K-1.
I am going through Charlotte, NC.
I know I need to file the AR-11 form to the address in KY, do I also need to let my district office know? If so, What is the "correct" way to do this?

Thanks

Pete
Yes, regardless of what the district office might say mail a change of address form to the KY address (with confirmation of receipt) and to your district office again with confirmation of receipt.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 7:29 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to the USCIS website it should tell you the requirements of your change of address for your district office...and yes, you will need to let them know as well.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...te/aboutus.htm

Change of Address:
Customers may report a change of address for any other application submitted to this office by sending a letter to this office (see Where Are We, Mailing Address, above). Please include in the letter:

Your name as it appears in the application
Your 8 or 9 digit A-number
Your OLD and NEW address
Clearly mark your letter "ATTENTION: CHANGE OF ADDRESS"
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 7:53 pm
I love my sailor.

Marjeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I think the "change of address" procedures are basically as steffi quoted them, although it may vary from office to office. You deffinitely need to inform your local office about the change. What is the correct way? I honestly don't know if there is one.

I sent my notice exactly as required above, twice, and I am still not sure if they changed it. I was there in person also, and asked them about it, but all they said was that I HAVE TO file by mail and that the process of changing it takes a while...
I really don't know what's so complicated about changing an applicant's address.
One of the employees also told me that I need to send them an AR-11, which is against what the official website says. So who knows?
Make sure to have the USPS forward your mail from your old address.