Cell phones

Old Jan 28th 2012, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cell phones

I have no clue which forum was appropriate for this question. For folks who reside in US and call UK which cell phone/cell plan do you use. I used tracphone for a while but my usage is increasing and it is becoming expensive. I am not looking for lots of bells and whistles just plain old cell phone where i can make nationwide and calls to US. My brother purchaesd Straight Talk plan from Walmart but can't call internationally so returning it. I am intererest in phones people have, plans and costs. Thank you. I am not interested in 2 year contracts either
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:07 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cell phones

I still have a tracfone but use my landline to call UK (anywhere from 1¢ to 5¢ a minute), I text with the tracfone although I just got a new phone so I don't know if this one will text UK my last one did but Ds's tracfone will not.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

usoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud of

I use Raza.com. I call from my cell phone to any UK land lines for $10 for 1000 mins. Raza gives me a local number which I dial first then I dial the Uk number. I also get 60 mins if I need to connect to UK cell phones....The plan lasts forever. My last 500 min plan lasted 4 months..Just make sure you add the # sign at the end of the dialed UK number and don't press send..just dial..but that may depend on the phone...the Raza people are very helpful and can tell you how to set it up..very easy..

Last edited by usoruk; Jan 30th 2012 at 2:55 am.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 3:16 am
MCROW

DeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really nice

My wife and I both use SKYPE numbers in the UK for family and friends to make local calls that come through to a computer in my case and a smart phone or computer for my wife. I also have a World Wide SKYPE calling plan, and for my business I have a Washington DC number as well as a City of London one.
My cellphone is an unlocked quad band, dual SIM card device.Currently has AT&T and T-Mobile pay as you go cards.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

I have vonage at home. It is a landline and costs about $30 a month for unlimited local, national, and international calling. I haven't done this yet, but you can get an extra line at no extra cost which you can apply to your cell phone to extend your unlimited international calls to your cell for on the go.

Aside from Skype, perhaps, I think this is the chespest way for me to make regular calls plus international ones. I used to pay around $70 a month for a regular phone line with limited international calling. I don't make many local or national calls, so I always felt like I was paying way too much.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:25 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Cell phones

I always use Skype via my laptop or iPad if I'm at home. It's totally free if the person you are contacting is also on Skype.

If I'm out and about and have access to free WiFi, occasionally call the UK and Switzerland with the Skype app on my US cellphone (Samsung Charge, although I regret changing to this as I loved my Apple iPhone).

On all three of the above, if family and friends overseas are on Skype I'm also able to see them with the Skype video camera, if not I just phone their home phones or mobiles with Skype. It automatically tops up my Skype credit when it's running low - but it is so inexpensive and convenient using Skype compared to landline and mobile phone charges.

I love Skype! (Also rarely get dropped calls). In fact, I had to contact a business in the UK at 7.30am this morning (12.30pm in England) and called them via Skype. Communication was flawless. We've been using Skype for a few years now, spouse uses it at work as they make international calls all the time and almost all our family and friends in the US and overseas now use Skype

http://www.skype.com