Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

case complexity linked to speed?

case complexity linked to speed?

Old Mar 5th 2003, 2:34 am
Just Joined

dowjones20k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default case complexity linked to speed?

Question: Anyone have any reason to believe that the more straightforward the application, the quicker the processing time?

I've been living with my fiancee in the US since 2000 under an F-1. Obviously everyone in the newsgroup is biased and thinks their case is more clear cut than the next couple's, but our evidence in the application packet included certified photocopies of our drivers licenses & heating bills clearly showing we share the same address.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has experience of the 'easy' ones passing through quickly.

I'm going to argue with myself here and suggest our shared residence amounts to bugger all; we could be good friends looking to generate a marriage of convenience for my benefit just as easily than a couple in love. Then again, this is true for anyone applying, in which case the shared residence IS significant.

Matt (UK) / Danielle (WI)
Arsenal / GB Packers

NOA1 01/22/03
Old Mar 5th 2003, 3:05 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: case complexity linked to speed?

Excuse me but something is VERY WRONG HERE. You don't file for a fiancee visa if you are legally inside of the US and living with your fiancee. The fiancee visa is for people living outside of the US. Just get married and file for adjustment of status. The forms aren't that complex that the reasoning would be lost to those that read them.

Rete

Originally posted by dowjones20k
Question: Anyone have any reason to believe that the more straightforward the application, the quicker the processing time?

I've been living with my fiancee in the US since 2000 under an F-1. Obviously everyone in the newsgroup is biased and thinks their case is more clear cut than the next couple's, but our evidence in the application packet included certified photocopies of our drivers licenses & heating bills clearly showing we share the same address.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has experience of the 'easy' ones passing through quickly.

I'm going to argue with myself here and suggest our shared residence amounts to bugger all; we could be good friends looking to generate a marriage of convenience for my benefit just as easily than a couple in love. Then again, this is true for anyone applying, in which case the shared residence IS significant.

Arsenal / GB Packers

NOA1 01/22/03
Old Mar 5th 2003, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Rete, if you're right, you're getting a big freakin' kiss from me.

Going to spend the evening looking into this. HAVE NEVER BEFORE READ ANYTHING THAT EVEN SUGGESTED THE IDEA.

Would greatly appreciate any pointers on where i should look precisely.

Your new friends

Matt/Danielle
Old Mar 5th 2003, 3:31 am
Just Joined

My F-1 runs out May 31st.

Could I get married before then and not even need to visit England at all?

Sounds like I could be saving time and expense.

Matt
Old Mar 5th 2003, 5:47 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Rete, if you're right, you're getting a big freakin' kiss from me.

Going to spend the evening looking into this. HAVE NEVER BEFORE READ ANYTHING THAT EVEN SUGGESTED THE IDEA.

Would greatly appreciate any pointers on where i should look precisely.

Your new friends

Matt/Danielle
Hi:

Of course you can do this. Take a look at k1.exit.com under the "tourist adjustment" tab. Although you are a student, the same principles apply.
Old Mar 5th 2003, 5:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

<snip>

Arsenal / GB Packers

NOA1 01/22/03
Not only that, but your shared residence means that you will be able to include any earnings/assets *of your own* in your Aff. of Support I-864.

Congratulations, my man. Welcome to America