Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Can owing income tax affect a K1?

Wikiposts

Can owing income tax affect a K1?

Old Jul 9th 2002, 7:20 pm
Paxtonpct

Default Can owing income tax affect a K1?

My brother owes the IRS over $100,000 in income taxes. Will this have any bearing on
the K1 process?

Old Jul 10th 2002, 2:20 am
L D Jones

Default Re: Can owing income tax affect a K1?

PaxtonPct wrote:
    >
    > My brother owes the IRS over $100,000 in income taxes. Will this have any bearing
    > on the K1 process?

Your post is not clear. Will your brother be the eventual sponsor for his
fiance's K-1?

Old Jul 10th 2002, 6:20 am
Paxtonpct

>Your post is not clear. Will your brother be the eventual sponsor for his
    >fiance's K-1?>>

Yes, he plans to marry and support her and her children once they get to America.

Old Jul 10th 2002, 6:39 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I understand from your post in another forum that your brother is dumping his current live in girlfriend of six years and marrying someone he took up with in one of the FSU countries. If he is only going to petition them for the fiancee visa, then his IRS troubles will not be a problem for him as the I-134 affidavit of support does not require tax returns.

Even after they are here and he marries her, there is little chance that INS is going to know anything about his IRS troubles as they abolished the use of the 9003 form which had to be completed by IRS. he will only need to show that he filed taxes for the previous last three years. They don't require that you have to show them that you paid any taxes "due and owing".

Rete
Old Jul 10th 2002, 12:20 pm
Paxtonpct

>he will only >need to show that he filed taxes for the previous last three
years.>>

And the only reason he did file the past 3 years is that his girlfriend did his taxes
for him and made certain they were paid. And the scum expects his family to support
what he is doing?

Poor lady. I hate to say this about a family member but she is getting mixed up with
a real loser. The taxes are minor compared to the other very serious problems he is
running from.

Old Jul 12th 2002, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

You Sir or Madam or whoever you are have some nerve.
On the one hand you come on here and ask for advice and then
in a later posting mindlessly critisize many of the people who you
are asking for help and advice.

What's it to be ??
Old Jul 12th 2002, 7:20 am
Paxtonpct

> On the one hand you come on here and ask for advice and then in a later posting
    > mindlessly critisize many of the people who you are asking for help and advice.>>

Please excuse me. I did not mean for my other post to sound as it appeared. I did ask
for advice and as I found this forum interesting, I read many other posts as my
brother is starting this process and I nor he had no idea what all was involved. . I
read a lot of complaining from posters who were angered over the length of time it
was taking for their paperwork to be processed. I understand completely as if i was
in the same situation, I would probably feel the same way.

Again, my apologizes.