Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Can i use my Advance Payroll while my divorce is pending?

Can i use my Advance Payroll while my divorce is pending?

Old May 31st 2005, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice
Default Can i use my Advance Payroll while my divorce is pending?

Neither of us have filed for the divorce yet but will be shortly. I have a valid Advance Payroll and I need to travel in emergency. Would i be able to use it while the divorce is pending? As far as i understand the AP is valid until the I-485 is denied?. Is that true?
Old May 31st 2005, 1:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can i use my Advance Payroll while my divorce is pending?

Originally Posted by Garfield2005
Neither of us have filed for the divorce yet but will be shortly. I have a valid Advance Payroll and I need to travel in emergency. Would i be able to use it while the divorce is pending? As far as i understand the AP is valid until the I-485 is denied?. Is that true?

Hey if your company will allow you to use Advance Payroll, go for it.
Old May 31st 2005, 1:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If, however, you are talking about Advance Parole ... then, yes, you can use it.

The advance parole's expiration is either the date listed thereon or the date of denial of the AOS, whichever comes first.
Old May 31st 2005, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice

my I-485 was based on marriage. Would the same apply?

Originally Posted by Rete
If, however, you are talking about Advance Parole ... then, yes, you can use it.

The advance parole's expiration is either the date listed thereon or the date of denial of the AOS, whichever comes first.
Old May 31st 2005, 3:47 pm
Concierge

my I-485 was based on marriage. Would the same apply?

Unless you think I have been living in a cave for the last year or so of your postings, I would think you would know that I know that your I-485 is based on marriage to a USC especially since your header mentions divorce.

So unless you have been living in a cave next to mine, then YES IT WOULD APPLY TO YOU.

Rete

Going back to the cave and leaving Garfield to catch other mice to play with
Old May 31st 2005, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thats not very nice!

U want some of the meat from the animal i just hunted with my spear? lol

Originally Posted by Rete
Unless you think I have been living in a cave for the last year or so of your postings, I would think you would know that I know that your I-485 is based on marriage to a USC especially since your header mentions divorce.

So unless you have been living in a cave next to mine, then YES IT WOULD APPLY TO YOU.

Rete

Going back to the cave and leaving Garfield to catch other mice to play with