Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Can I reopen my K3 case

Can I reopen my K3 case

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

appletree35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I reopen my K3 case

Hello, I had an appointment for an interview for my husband for this month for the K3 visa and 2 days later we had the appointment for the CR1 visa so we decided yo cancel the K3 and go only for the CR1, now we have gone encounter some problems with the CR1 appointment, my husband didn't have his medical exam on the time for the interview and the consulate ask my husband to email them for a new appointment which we did, but so far we have no answer to our request, so now I'm wondering if there is a way that we can reopen the K3 case. My husband is from Morocco.
Please any ideas an suggestions we will appreciate
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I reopen my K3 case

Originally Posted by appletree35
Hello, I had an appointment for an interview for my husband for this month for the K3 visa and 2 days later we had the appointment for the CR1 visa so we decided yo cancel the K3 and go only for the CR1, now we have gone encounter some problems with the CR1 appointment, my husband didn't have his medical exam on the time for the interview and the consulate ask my husband to email them for a new appointment which we did, but so far we have no answer to our request, so now I'm wondering if there is a way that we can reopen the K3 case. My husband is from Morocco.
Couple of questions":

How did you go about closing the K3 case? When is the interview for that scheduled? He'll still need his medical, even for that interview.

Now that you've chosen the CR-1 track, why do you want to switch back to the K3? I guess I don't see what the difference would be. Regardless of which visa interview he attends, he will still need his medical.

What are the exact dates of the K3 and the CR-1 interviews?

Rene
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Couple of questions":

How did you go about closing the K3 case? When is the interview for that scheduled? He'll still need his medical, even for that interview.

Now that you've chosen the CR-1 track, why do you want to switch back to the K3? I guess I don't see what the difference would be. Regardless of which visa interview he attends, he will still need his medical.

What are the exact dates of the K3 and the CR-1 interviews?

Rene
We closed the K3 case by a lawyers advice an lawyer that we know but the whole case is been done without lawyer, and the date for the K3 was for August 8 and for the CR1 was for the 10Th of this month, I'm just so confuse just don't know what to do, should I wait or try to reopen K3 case
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

We closed the K3 case by a lawyers advice an lawyer that we know but the whole case is been done without lawyer, and the date for the K3 was for August 8 and for the CR1 was for the 10Th of this month, I'm just so confuse just don't know what to do, should I wait or try to reopen K3 case
Well, both of the interview dates are passed now, so all you are waiting for is a new CR-1 inteview date. Personally, I would keep it simple, and just wait for that. I'm not sure what the attorney did to close your K-3 case, but I imagine it would be more work to open it up again, than it would be to just keep waiting for a new CR-1 interview date.

I would have no idea how to re-open a closed K-3 case, anyway. What does your attorney advise?

Rene
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Well, both of the interview dates are passed now, so all you are waiting for is a new CR-1 inteview date. Personally, I would keep it simple, and just wait for that. I'm not sure what the attorney did to close your K-3 case, but I imagine it would be more work to open it up again, than it would be to just keep waiting for a new CR-1 interview date.

I would have no idea how to re-open a closed K-3 case, anyway. What does your attorney advise?

Rene
I haven't ask him about it, and I don't know if I should talk to him about it, after the recommendation that he gave me I don't know if I should relay on him
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:25 pm

I haven't ask him about it, and I don't know if I should talk to him about it, after the recommendation that he gave me I don't know if I should relay on him
How long ago did he close the case? Do you in fact have something in writing that the K-3 case is completely closed and is no longer an option?

Also, what makes you think reopening the K-3 case and waiting for another K-3 interview, will be faster than waiting for a new CR-1 interview?
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

How long ago did he close the case? Do you in fact have something in writing that the K-3 case is completely closed and is no longer an option?

Also, what makes you think reopening the K-3 case and waiting for another K-3 interview, will be faster than waiting for a new CR-1 interview?
When we dessided to close the K3 case I email the consulate and they reply by saying, Thank you for your e-mail. your husband is now scheduled for his CR1 interview on August 10, 2005. Please disregard the previous appointment.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:11 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

appletree,

When most consulates receive an approved I-130 petition they are going to close the related K-3 visa case if the visa has not yet been issued whether or not they are asked to do so. The K3 visa is intended to allow an alien spouse to enter the USA as a non-immigrant pending the approval of an I-130 petition on their behalf. With your I-130 already approved and at the consulate, a K3 in your case is meaningless.

And, as other posters point out, the problem with your immigrant visa case would also be a problem with your K3 case.

I doubt that the consulate would entertain a request to reopen.

Regards, JEff

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
appletree,

When most consulates receive an approved I-130 petition they are going to close the related K-3 visa case if the visa has not yet been issued whether or not they are asked to do so. The K3 visa is intended to allow an alien spouse to enter the USA as a non-immigrant pending the approval of an I-130 petition on their behalf. With your I-130 already approved and at the consulate, a K3 in your case is meaningless.

And, as other posters point out, the problem with your immigrant visa case would also be a problem with your K3 case.

I doubt that the consulate would entertain a request to reopen.

Regards, JEff
I was wondering if any of you can suggest an efficient method to get in touch with the consulate and see if they can reschedule and appointment for us I been emailing them for a wile but I'm afraid they don't like me any more and I don't want to upset them. The consulate in Casablanca is very small and I don't want to create any friction for when my husband go to his interview
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:31 pm

I was wondering if any of you can suggest an efficient method to get in touch with the consulate and see if they can reschedule and appointment for us I been emailing them for a wile but I'm afraid they don't like me any more and I don't want to upset them. The consulate in Casablanca is very small and I don't want to create any friction for when my husband go to his interview
Since you've already flooded them with emails, I would just sit back and wait for them to issue a new interview date.

If you husband has now had his medical exam, he's ready to go anytime...so I guess when the Consulate has another opening for an appointment, they will contact you (or your husband).

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Today at work I received the receipt of the emails that I have sent to the consulate and it said, your message was deleted without being read and this is for all the email that I had sent, what should I do?

Last edited by appletree35; Aug 23rd 2005 at 5:53 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 5:59 pm

Today at work I received the receipt of the emails that I have sent to the consulate and it said, your message was deleted without being read and this is for all the email that I had sent, what should I do?
I'm losing track of what's happening. What was the last directive you or your husband had from the consulate, and when was that? And, has your husband now had his medical done?

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 23rd 2005 at 6:07 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

For one thing, don't send them any more emails. Talk to an attorney. You've asked several times here if anyone can make a suggestion and so far, no one has been able to give you what you need. It is likely that this situation is beyond the experience of the people who read this forum.

Ian
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

The last response that I got from the consulate was about 3 weeks ago, that is when they said that thank you for your inquiry, but we regret to inform you that the we don't have appointments for August and September try again later, my husband medical exam has been completed by the doctor and submitted to the consulate directly by his office.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:53 pm

The last response that I got from the consulate was about 3 weeks ago, that is when they said that thank you for your inquiry, but we regret to inform you that the we don't have appointments for August and September try again later, my husband medical exam has been completed by the doctor and submitted to the consulate directly by his office.
How often have you been emailing them? Try waiting 2 weeks, until mid-September, and then try getting another interview date. Other than that, I have no other ideas....

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.