Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

can i make an appointment with Miami now even though I haven't received a receipt?

can i make an appointment with Miami now even though I haven't received a receipt?

Old Nov 12th 2003, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

infotec28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can i make an appointment with Miami now even though I haven't received a receipt?

In terms of delay, I did some searching on this board and I noticed that Miami *might* have a tendency to take a long time to return a receipt to you if you have filed for AOS via mail. I sent it via USPS certified mail and they received it at 8 this morning. I have read incidents on here indicating that it *might* take longer than a month.

Based on this possibility, what do you think that I should reserve an appointment down in Miami to go ahead and talk to someone in advance?

Thanks!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice
Default Re: can i make an appointment with Miami now even though I haven't received a receipt?

Reserve an appt for what? The BCIS generally tells you when to come.

Originally posted by infotec28
In terms of delay, I did some searching on this board and I noticed that Miami *might* have a tendency to take a long time to return a receipt to you if you have filed for AOS via mail. I sent it via USPS certified mail and they received it at 8 this morning. I have read incidents on here indicating that it *might* take longer than a month.

Based on this possibility, what do you think that I should reserve an appointment down in Miami to go ahead and talk to someone in advance?

Thanks!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: can i make an appointment with Miami now even though I haven't received a receipt?

Originally posted by DCMark
Reserve an appt for what? The BCIS generally tells you when to come.
To check the status of my application based on the premise that it *might* take too long to receive that receipt.

An appointment can be made online at the following url:

https://www.bcis-fla.com/en/data.php

If I wait too long to find out that I have to make an appointment to followup with them then it will take me even longer.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

To check the status of my application based on the premise that it *might* take too long to receive that receipt.

An appointment can be made online at the following url:

https://www.bcis-fla.com/en/data.php

If I wait too long to find out that I have to make an appointment to followup with them then it will take me even longer.

Infotec, did you said it was received just this morning? I would suggest give it a little time. I'm not sure what's the processing time with AOS thru mail. But last year I did sent a renewal of my EAD thru mail and I got a receipt 2 weeks after.

I think it's still early to make that reservations for appointment. Based on my experience using the online appointment system, waiting for the appointment is not that long.

I did set up an appointment last week and I'll have it for next week. So I guess it's not that bad to wait a little longer. Just my opinion.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by princess_fiona
Infotec, did you said it was received just this morning? I would suggest give it a little time. I'm not sure what's the processing time with AOS thru mail. But last year I did sent a renewal of my EAD thru mail and I got a receipt 2 weeks after.

I think it's still early to make that reservations for appointment. Based on my experience using the online appointment system, waiting for the appointment is not that long.

I did set up an appointment last week and I'll have it for next week. So I guess it's not that bad to wait a little longer. Just my opinion.

thanks for your input, was this an EAD through Miami though?

I am probably going to heed ur advice altogether and wait a bit...just trying to approach my MASSIVE problems from as many angles as possible

thanks!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 5:40 pm
Duran

> I am probably going to heed ur advice altogether and wait a bit...just
    > trying to approach my MASSIVE problems from as many angles as possible

What are your "MASSIVE problems"? It's only been - what - 5 hours since
they've received your application?

You're in the US, you have submitted your application, you know it has been
received, and now you have to wait just like everyone else. Not only do I
not see any MASSIVE problems, I don't see any problem at all. Am I missing
something here?

Old Nov 12th 2003, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your input, was this an EAD through Miami though?

I am probably going to heed ur advice altogether and wait a bit...just trying to approach my MASSIVE problems from as many angles as possible

thanks!

Yes, here in Miami. I know how you feel about the "waiting" agony here. I've waited more than enough for AOS myself.

Hang in there!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by princess_fiona
Yes, here in Miami. I know how you feel about the "waiting" agony here. I've waited more than enough for AOS myself.

Hang in there!
We will try....lol thanks again for your contribution!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 6:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Duran Am I missing
something here?
hi,
yes.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by meauxna
hi,
yes.
Yes, you are missing out on something...why don't you do a search and query username = infotec28"

Then you will see a potential definition of "massive problems"

I hope that this helps.

Then when you are done searching, perhaps you could contribute something "useful" to this thread.

Last edited by infotec28; Nov 12th 2003 at 6:25 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 6:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you are missing out on something...why don't you do a search and query username = infotec28"

Then you will see a potential definition of "massive problems"

I hope that this helps.

Then when you are done searching, perhaps you could contribute something "useful" to this thread.
LOL ... if he did that I believe he would get about 127,000 hits with your name on it ;-)

Rete
Old Nov 12th 2003, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Rete
LOL ... if he did that I believe he would get about 127,000 hits with your name on it ;-)

Rete
omg, when I saw that you were the last poster I put my tail between my legs and figured I was too rough with my last post....you're not chewing me out, lol...then life is good
Old Nov 12th 2003, 8:30 pm
Duran

> > Yes, you are missing out on something...why don't you do a search and
    > > query username = infotec28"

I would love to contribute something "useful" to this thread, but I can't be
expected to search past records of google groups because you decided to
indicate you have "MASSIVE problems" but didn't care to elaborate. One
could only assume that your "MASSIVE problems" were relevant to the currect
thread only because you didn't elaborate (thinking either everyone was
up-to-date on all your problems or they should go research every google post
you made before contributing). I merely responded with the assumption that
your "MASSIVE problems" were in the context of the currect thread.

If you re-read your post you can see how easily someone unfamiliar with your
situation can interpret your "MASSIVE problems" as being in the context of
the current thread only.

<snip>

> LOL ... if he did that I believe he would get about 127,000 hits with
    > your name on it ;-)

Maybe I'll be caught up by next year, which by then I'll have to search the
past records of the year I just spent catching up, and then I will be out of
date all over again. Never ending cycle! lol.

Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Duran
    > > Yes, you are missing out on something...why don't you do a search and
    > > query username = infotec28"

I would love to contribute something "useful" to this thread, but I can't be
expected to search past records of google groups because you decided to
indicate you have "MASSIVE problems" but didn't care to elaborate. One
could only assume that your "MASSIVE problems" were relevant to the currect
thread only because you didn't elaborate (thinking either everyone was
up-to-date on all your problems or they should go research every google post
you made before contributing). I merely responded with the assumption that
your "MASSIVE problems" were in the context of the currect thread.

If you re-read your post you can see how easily someone unfamiliar with your
situation can interpret your "MASSIVE problems" as being in the context of
the current thread only.

<snip>

> LOL ... if he did that I believe he would get about 127,000 hits with
    > your name on it ;-)

Maybe I'll be caught up by next year, which by then I'll have to search the
past records of the year I just spent catching up, and then I will be out of
date all over again. Never ending cycle! lol.
have fun bro.....next year you might be caught up, but it won't take you very long to realize how "massive" these problems are

let me know when you reach # 127,001

take care